HOW DO YOU WANT IT?

Driving home from work, all I thought of was the sleep I was going to get. Thankfully, it was Friday so I didn't have to think about work when I got into my home. I changed into a bathing suit and went to the hot tub I'd left bubbling outside. A groan of pleasure escaped my lips as I stepped in. The nerves I'd worked up all week began to loosen and I sighed sweetly. I was drifting asleep when I heard a ping coming from my new phone, it was a text from Chike.

"Can I see you tonight?" I read aloud.

I called instead of replying him.

"Hey," I said when he picked the phone.

"Sweet face."

"I can't go out tonight, sorry. I'm so tired, maybe some other time."

"It's alright, but I miss you. What are you doing?"

"Soaking in a hot tub. My bones are weary and your bed gave me a crick in my back."

"I could change it, but I spent my life savings on getting you a new phone."

"You didn't have to. Thanks anyway." I couldn't count the number of times I'd said that already. Feeling taken care of was an alien feeling and I wasn't used to it.

"I know, I just wanted to make you feel better."

It was a good thing I wasn't as bad as he was at receiving gifts. If it was the other way around, I was pretty sure he'd return the phone accompanying it with a comment that was sure to infuriate me.

"I'll talk to you some other time. I think I'm sleep talking right now." I yawned and didn't try to stifle it.

"Wait a second, what if I came around? No sex, just to give you a proper massage. I've been told I've healing hands."

"You want to come to my house?" My drowsy brain perked up.

"Yea. Just to see you."

"Okay. I'll send you the address."

I jumped out of the tub and grabbed a towel before rushing into the house. I took a look around to confirm if everything was well placed before texting Chike my address. Whenever I was expecting a new visitor, I had to call the security company that had men stationed outside my estate ahead to inform them. It was a security measure and I placed a call to them describing who to expect.

I was feeling restless. I went to the door to look at my apartment from Chike's eyes. The room was in gray and black. Gray walls, gray couches, black table and console then a fluffy, hot pink carpet to add some color and unbalance the neutrality. I rushed to water the plant I'd left dying by the window. I remembered I was still in my bathing suit and hurriedly changed into shorts and a cropped, tank top.

I was sipping wine, trying to calm my nerves when I heard a knock at the door. Chike was smiling when I opened the door.

"I think you get cuter day by day," he complimented, dragging me in for a hug. I closed the door when the hug ended.

"How are you?" I asked trying not to show how flustered I was.

"Good, I love your house. I see why you look down your nose at my apartment."

"I like your house," I countered. This was why I was nervous. Would he think my house was too showy with the extra large screen of TV up against the wall?

"You're so easy to read, you know."

"Do you want wine?" I asked as he took his seat. I hated talking about anything that involved money or class with Chike because it never ended well.

"I'll pass. Come here," Chike said, patting a space by his side on the large couch. I sat on his lap instead and he rewarded me with a broad smile. "I don't think I've tasted those lips in a while." He stared at my lips and I stared back at his dark ones.