Chapter 7: The discussion

Airis: How much farther...?

Airis whined as she let out a huge yawn followed by the rest of her teammates, who were still sleep deprived from last night.

Rebecca: Should've just stayed in bed.......

Axel: I really regret pulling out that stupid jar now.

Yang: What did happen, anyway? You guys were really noisy last night.

Tadeo: Long story cut short, Axel came in, took out a whole jar of sap, and we literally had to split it away from Airis's hand, otherwise she'd be up all night. And you do not want to be there when she is.

Ruby: Why?

Axel: Let's just say you don't want to wake up with markers all over your face---

Airis: Hey!

Axel: ---So, are we there yet, Weiss?!

Weiss: Oh, quit whining, you big baby. It's just up ahead. See?

Back in Beacon, Axel and his team were just about to call it a day when Weiss had literally dragged him and the rest of the team to see the Vytal Festival that was about to begin in town just after his classes. The streets of Vale of was being decorated in time for the Vytal Festival. Red, yellow, and green streamers and balloons are proudly on display, and Team RWBY, along with Team ATAR, is strolling through it all with an awed Weiss Schnee in the front. A sign is being put up by the elderly Shopkeep that reads in bright red letters "WELCOME TO VALE!" for all the foreign newcomers from their respective kingdoms of Remnant. Then, Weiss suddenly stops and raises her arms in amazement.

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Rebecca then quietly leans towards Axel's ear.

Rebecca:(Whispers) Is she smiling?

He only shrugged hus shoulders in response.

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss.

Tadeo: Hmph. You don't know the half of it.

She then frowns a little.

Ruby: It is kinda weirding me out...

Axel: Trust me, you're not the only one who's freaked out by her sudden attitude.

Axel said this as he motioned his head towards Airis, who was slightly trembling.

Weiss: (turning to Ruby) How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!

Tadeo: If I weren't so tired right now, I would've smile too.

Hearing Tadeo statement caused Rebecca to crack up bit.

Rebecca: You're kidding right?

Tadeo: Does it look like I'm kidding?

Hearing Tadeo's dark tone was enough to silence Rebecca from her antics. And with that, they continued their way towards the docks

Yang: (sighs, arms crossed) You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Weiss: Quiet, you!

Yang: (as they stop near the docks and the sounds of foghorns are heard) Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby: (covering her nose) Ugh, they smell like fish!

Airis: (covering her nose) It is true.

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!