Chapter 2: The Initiation Part 1

Axel woke up to the sound of everybody waking up. He started looking around for Ruby and the others as his didn't see them where they ended up sleeping due to last night's......uncertainties.

???: Wake up, Lazy-Butts!

Axel turn towards the sound and saw a very excited-looking, ginger-haired girl, who wakes up a tired looking guy with black hair and purple strand in his hair. Axel heard how the ginger-haired is talking about how excited she is for the initiation. Along the way, he can see that he then tries to endure the rest of his morning routine, listening to her while brushing his teeth, eating his pancake for breakfast, packing up his sleeping bag and retrieving his weapon from his locker.

While Axel were in the locker room, readying all the necessities he needed for the initiation, which includes a small black chest plate and shoulder guards over his Red Trench Coat, Axel heard how the girl expresses hope that the two of them will be on the same team and attempts to formulate a plan to make sure that they will. As the two head out, he saw them passing Ruby, Rebecca and Yang as they are busy readying themselves. Axel then decided to walk towards the group.

Axel: Morning guys.

Ruby: Morning Axel. Hmm... I wonder what those two are so worked up about?

Rebecca: I clearly have no idea what were those all about. Do you Axel?

Axel: (shrugs) I heard them talking about getting on the same team or something...

Yang: Well, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning, Ruby!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

She strokes her Crescent Rose as she sighs happily, making Axel and Rebecca stare at her in weirdness, which Ruby notices.

Ruby: What?

Axel / Rebecca: Nothing!

Yang: Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby sighs in frustration at Yang's remark.

Ruby: You sound like Dad! (shoves her weapon into the locker) Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

Rebecca and Axel raised their eyebrows at this.

Yang: But what about when we form teams?

She suddenly becomes nervous at this. She is right after all. Who will she end up with? Is she good enough to fit in? A lot more questions pondered Ruby's mind as she wondered.

Ruby: Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or Rebecca's or Axel's...

Axel faced beamed at the suggestion.

Axel: Not a problem for me!

And Rebecca decided not to make any comment about this, knowing it could hurt the red hooded girl's feelings, since she's uh.... well, Axel get the idea guys. Then, Yang brings her hair around her shoulder and starts stroking it.

Yang: I don't know.....Maybe you should try being on someone else's team......?

Rebecca: Let's face it, Yang. You don't want her into your team just because you'll just get annoyed at her.....

When Ruby catches an ear at this, she activates her semblance and dashes her way behind Rebecca, startling her when she suddenly spoke up out of nowhere.