Chapter 5: Red Roses?

A fight between Cardin and Jaune had started a while ago. Axel and Tadeo were in the high seats, while the rest of the team was below, along with Team RWBY and Pyrrha. Cardin Winchester with his club on his shoulder and Jaune Arc in front of him with Crocea Mors drawn, leaning on his weapon as exhausted, in the center of attention of the Beacon Academy auditorium.

They look at Cardin, who laughs at her opponent's weariness, and Jaune gathers her strength to charge forward and swing her sword toward Cardin, only to jump out of the way. Jaune looks back, surprised, when Cardin's mace sends Jaune's shield, and himself, flying backwards.

Tadeo: This is a little peculiar. Jaune's fighting techniques are ... well, non-existent.

Axel: Hmm ... You're right, Tadeo. I was curious enough to know how he got to Beacon with those weak abilities.

Now armed only with his sword, Jaune continued to try to attack, but is blocked by the hilt of the mace. With his weapons blocked, Cardin stands up and stands on Jaune, who fights.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: about my dead ----

Jaune is interrupted when Cardin kneels him in the gut, causing Jaune to drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace and is about to hit him against a worried Jaune. Axel was about to draw his weapon to stop him, but just before he could even grab the handle, Tadeo fired a stream of icy lightning into Cardin's hand, freezing his hand and knocking his mace down. He looks at his icy hand, and he looks at him with a menacing look, that Tadeo returned him.

Glynda: Thank you, Mr. Frost.

Cardin gives her one last look before he gives in and walks away when she enters the stage, touching her tablet.

Glynda: Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now fallen to the red. In a tournament-style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official can call the match.

While Jaune is still lying on the defeated ground and Pyrrha Nikos looks sad, Glynda turns her head to look at the losing warrior as she pulls out a smaller tablet with her blinking low stats and that of her entire team

Glynda: Mr. Arc, it's been weeks. Please try to refer to your displacement during combat. Measuring the Aura will help you decide when it is appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more ... defensive strategy. We do not want a Beowolf to devour you, right?

Cardin: speak for yourself ...

Axel ( Whispering): If he refuses to close his mouth, I force him to do it.

Glynda addresses the students sitting and standing, like: Yang and Rebecca, striking the air in anticipation; Weiss, waving his fists with an excited smile; and Ruby and Airis, shaking their whole bodies with enthusiastic energy while squealing softly

Glynda: Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It will not be long before students from the other kingdoms begin to get to Vale, so keep practicing. Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing everything from Vale!

The bell rings, and the students begin to leave while Pyrrha frowns sadly. Jaune, still sitting on the floor, ducks his head in embarrassment. Axel and Tadeo walked towards Jaune, who was looking dejected, and Axel held out his hand. He looked up and saw Axel smiling solemnly at him. He sighed before grabbing him, and he helped him up. He gave her a reassuring pat on the side of his shoulder.

Axel: Come on, friend. let's get some lunch ...

-------------------------TimeSkip-------------------