Drunk And Disorderly (Part Two)

"Are we going in, or are we just going to sit in the car for the whole night?" Blaire asked, answering her own question and opening the car door.

As soon as she did, my car was filled with the low thumping of the music that was coming from my house, and a small smile graced my face. The soothing beat of the music seemed to calm me down

"Let's do this!" Andy yelled, following Blaire's movements and getting out of the car.

Leroy gave me one more glance before we both got out of the car, following Andy and Blaire up to my house.

Greeting a few people on our way up to the house, I made sure to catch up to Blaire and stick close to her. I may have been used to parties and been to a few, but this one was different. Somehow, though, Blaire was always able to help keep me calm. Staying close to her was the smartest thing I could do.

"You good?" I heard Blaire whisper into my ear, and I smiled to myself, before turning my head in her direction.

"I'm good. It's weird feeling this nervous walking into my own house, though." I felt her nod as she lightly grabbed the sleeve of my jumper and pulled me into the house, making sure that I stayed by her side.

Wading through the cluster of people that had piled into the front hall, we soon found ourselves in the back yard, and I did my best to look around to see if I could see Andy or Leroy.

"They must have split off from us," Blaire stated, noticing that I was looking around, and I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. They must have. Sneaky fucks."

"You sure you're good?" Blaire asked again, and I looked down at her, nodding once again.

"I'm fantastic. I think I just need a drink. Or five," I added in a murmur, and I saw Blaire nod before gesturing that she'd be back in a second.

It may not be a good idea to drink so much since a lot was going on in my mind, and mixing alcohol into my blood may cause some of those thoughts to come spilling out.

No. I needed to push everything out of my mind. I deserved to have fun, and damn it, I was going to.

Standing alone at a party was an odd sensation. Standing alone at my own party was even weirder, especially when there were plenty of drunk people around me, dancing and having fun.

I hadn't expected a ton of people to hang around me throughout the night, even if it was my birthday party. A few people did wander over while I waited for Blaire and wished me a happy birthday. Some also told me they had left a gift for me in the house. They all kept moving, though. All onto the next thing to drink or do.

Sighing to myself, I leant up against the wall of my house, looking out into the yard at all the other people who had found their way out into the fresh air. Many of them were standing around talking and drinking, but there were a few who were partaking in a few drinking games. I did hate to admit it, but Brad had done a great job of setting the party up.

Looking around at everything that had been set up in the back yard, I realised that I had no idea what any of the games were, but it seemed like a lot of them involved cups. Though much to my concern, one did look to include darts, and I made a mental note to steer clear of that.

After a few more minutes of waiting, I saw Blaire make her way back out of the house and toward me, and I decided to meet her halfway.

"Here you go," she said, holding out a red cup to me, which I carefully took.

"Do I want to know what it is?" I asked, studying the dark liquid in the cup before shooting Blaire a questioning look.

"All you need to know is that it will have a little kick to it." She gave a small laugh before taking a sip of her drink and pulling a sour face. "Caitlyn was mixing the drinks, and I'm pretty sure she is about to pass out. So, don't be surprised if she's mixed two spirits and left out the coke."