The Greatest Prank (Part Two)

"Are you two boys done?" Ms Lane's voice cut through our conversation, and we both turned to look at her.

"We are," Leroy answered, and I nodded in agreement.

Ms Lane walked back to the front of the classroom, and up to the board, gesturing to us to move out of the way. I glanced at Leroy one more time before heading back to my seat, deciding to get a start on the work I should have already been doing. I didn't understand what I was meant to be doing, but I hoped that it would move my mind away from Leroy.

"Good job," Ms Lane's voice floated into my ears, and I looked up at her as she erased the two problems from the board. "Both were correct. Continue with your work."

I let out a small sigh of relief and turned my attention back to the work in front of me, still doing my best not to think of Leroy and how he smelt and the way his face lit up when he smiled. It was proving difficult, and I was more than thankful when the bell rang.

"I expect that sheet to be finished by our next lesson!" Ms Lane called out as everyone in the class quickly packed up their things and hurried toward the door.

As I stumbled out into the hallway and began dodging the other students, I felt someone move beside me, and I turned to see that it was Leroy.

"You're nowhere near finished with that sheet, are you?" He asked with a smile on his face, and I could feel my cheeks start to heat up, so I quickly turned my attention away from him.

I needed to stop that.

"What gave it away?"

"The fact that I saw you continue to draw some weird-ass picture after you gave up on the third problem." Leroy laughed and nudged my shoulder slightly, but I kept looking down the hall, trying to remember how to walk correctly.

For some reason, it had become rather complicated.

"Oh, yeah. That subject isn't my strong point," I mumbled, continuing to wade through the onslaught of students all trying to make their way out of the school.

"I noticed. I can do it if you want?" Leroy offered, and I found it in myself to look at him, seeing that there was still a big smile on his face.

Crap.

"I couldn't ask you to do that," I said with a light chuckle, quickly looking away from him again as we reached the stairs to head down to the lower level of the school.

"You wouldn't be asking, dumbass. I offered. It's the least I could do after—I mean, I just want to help."

"Still..." was all I managed to say before trailing off, raising my eyebrows at Leroy. Was he hiding something?

I knew that I should do the work for myself, but I also knew that the chances of me doing it were slim. If I took Leroy up on his offer, at least I knew that it would get done and done right. It would save me from getting scolded by Ms Lane, and maybe even stop me from getting detention. She had given it to me before for not doing homework, so I didn't want to put it past her.

"Don't worry about it. It's no big deal," Leroy tried to convince me, and I made the mistake of, once again, looking at him. I caved almost instantly.

"Okay, fine. But I'll shout you coffee all of next week to make up for it."

"No need. This is me making it up to you," Leroy replied with a laugh.

"Wait, what?" I responded, but Leroy shook his head.

"Nope, can't say!"

It wasn't long before I found myself leaning against my car, with Leroy sitting in the passenger seat, fiddling with the open door, while we waited for Andy and Blaire.

"Oh, I forgot to ask," Leroy suddenly said, just as I saw my other two friends push their way out of the school.

"Hmm?" I hummed, indicating that I was listening.

"Do you know how you're having your eighteenth birthday party tomorrow night?"

I nodded slowly. As if I hadn't completely forgotten about my birthday. I had been so wrapped up in everything that was going on in my mind, the fact I was aging tomorrow had slipped my mind. Much to my dismay, my parents had said a big party was a-okay. Which wasn't my ideal way of celebrating something.

However, Bradly had taken it into his own hands, and knowing him, the whole thing had grown legs of its own, and it was going to be hell. All I knew about the party was Brad had managed to convince my parents to go away for the whole weekend—leaving before the party on Friday night. It was safe to say, I wasn't looking forward to it.

"Well, do we need to bring alcohol?" Leroy asked, pulling me out of my thoughts, and I watched him get out of the car.

"You'd have to ask Brad." I sighed. "Knowing him, he's going to want to get me very drunk, so there's probably going to be alcohol there."

"Hell yeah! Drunk Pete is the best Pete. Although, this time, you'll be doing it legally."

"That was one time."

"I can't believe you're finally eight—uh, turning eighteen," Leroy stated, seemingly ignoring my disinterest in the conversation, and continuing to bubble excitedly. "You're the last person in our year to become... an adult!"

There was something about Leroy that made me want to smile. It was something he'd always been able to do, but ever since the game on Monday, I'd been finding it harder to fight the urge. Even now, when all I felt was dread thinking of this party and having all those people in my house, Leroy was still able to make a smile tug at my lips.

"Do you feel old?" Leroy asked, giving me a small nudge.

"Well, he won't feel old until tomorrow." Andy's oddly stern voice came from across the parking lot as he and Blaire quickly walked toward us.

"Tremendously." I smiled at Leroy, though giving both of them a confused look.

I did my best to pull my mind away from the party. Pull it away from all of those people that will probably go into my room, but I couldn't, and it kept landing on one thing.

The fucking video.

-------------------------------------------

A/N: So, I'm thinking of uploading three parts a week, which is a full chapter length in the actual book (since I split them up for Wattpad).

So, yeah...

Now, if you read this before the re-write, this is where things start to change a bit more. Soon to be a lot more.

I do really hope you enjoyed! If you did, be sure to vote and maybe even tag some friends? They might like it to.

Question:

(If you have already turned 18 or 21 (Depending on the legal age in your country) Did you have a party for the milestone?

(If you have not turned the legal age in your country yet) Do you plan on having a big party for the milestone?