CH. 15 We're Here!!

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, we should have stopped and got you some things," I said to her. She gave me a shrug.

"It's fine; as I said will figure it out later." She said.

We walked towards the cabin front door, and before I even got the chance to open the door, the door was swung open by no one other than my mother, of course.

She was smiling at us.

"Guys, Anthony is here with his girlfriend, Aimee." My mother said.

My eyes widened at the fact that she announced us out loud like that.

"Come in, come in. It's snowing out there, and it's cold. Don't want you two freezing your butt off." My mother said we both walked in.

Aimee smiled at my mom.

"It's so nice to meet you," Aimee said, smiling.

"Oh my, come here you." My mother said, giving Aimee a hug, who was surprised but hugged her back.

'Sorry.' I mouthed to Aimee.

A chuckle left Aimee's mouth. Who smiled at me and continued to hug my mom.

"Thanks for warming me up. How are you doing?" She asked my mother; my mother pulled away from the hug and smiled.

"I'm doing okay; how was the drive? I hope it wasn't too much for you." My mother asked Aimee, staring at her with a look of concern. My mother was a mother hen to us all, including my siblings' spouses. My heart tugged, wanting to see her behave the same way with Aimee.

As they continued to talk, I noticed the rest of my family making their way to us.

My sisters with their husbands, my brother with his wife, my grandparents, my father, and my other brother,  who was with another man I assumed was his boyfriend.

My mother turned around to face them.

"You all this is Aimee. Anthony's lovely girlfriend." My mother said to everyone.

"Oh my God!!! You're Aimee Robinson." My Brother and His boyfriend both said at the same time.

Taking me off guard, how did they know her?

Aimee's eyes widened.

She looked at me, and I was just as speechless as her; of course, I should have known that some people would recognize her.

"Yes, Hi," She said, waving her hand.

My father laughed.

"You two made her nervous." My father said.

"I was wondering why you looked so familiar. Nice to meet you. I'm Anthony's sister Ella." My sister said, giving Aimee a quick hug.

Everyone introduced themselves to Aimee; Aimee introduced herself, interacting with them all.

"I can't believe it; My brother is dating Aimee Robinson. I love your work. Honestly, the cases you've won. I even tried working for your firm, but it's hard to get in there." My brother Elliot said.

"Why is it so hard to believe that she's dating me?" I asked my brother, who laughed.

"It's not hard to believe you're dating someone, but when you come home with a famous lawyer, it's going to shock us, especially her being Aimee Robinson herself," Elliot said.

"What is it that you wanted to do in my firm?" Aimee asked, bringing my brother's attention back to her.

"Well, I wanted to be one of the paralegals that deal with the child services victims." My brother said.