Ready and Action!

The rest of the morning was spent in endless choreography, singing, and memorizing lines.

"Alright!" The director shouted, "Break time!"

I sighed and collapsed onto the stage. There was about 3 hours until the musical started, and that was plenty of time for me to go over my lyrics and lines. I was laying on my back, messing with apps on my phone.

"Dang it," I muttered, "No new reads, likes, or comments on my story." Out of boredom, I decided to take a selca, so I sat up and held up my phone. As soon as I pressed the camera button, Key's face popped out from behind and the shutter clicked. "Woah!" I shouted, startled to death.

"Photo bombed it," He grinned.

"You scared me," I sighed, putting my phone away.

Key grabbed my shoulder, pulled me over to him, and held up his phone, "Smile!"

I frowned, and poked his cheek.

"Interesting," Key cackled, pointing to the expression on my face in the image. I covered my face with my hands and sighed again.

"We haven't gotten the chance to go over the ending, didn't we?" I asked, checking over the script.

"I think that it will be fine," Key assured me, "It's only the two of us doing it, and you'll be asleep for most of it."

I flipped to the final few pages of the script, "Um... But it's the.. T-the k-ki..." I stuttered. I wanted to know if it was going to be a real kiss or not, but I was too nervous to ask. Most movies and plays have real kiss scenes, so there was a high possibility that I would have to...

"Don't worry," He ruffled my hair lightly, "You'll do fine."

"I hope so," I replied, my heart racing.

After a few hours, we did one more quick rehearsal, and the place opened. People filled in the seats quickly, almost like a flood. I peered from behind the curtain, my fingers digging deep into the fabric due to nervousness.

The back up dancers patted my shoulders, and went into their positions. I smiled a bit, glad that they were trying to cheer me up. I took a deep breath, and mumbled my lines to make sure that I knew them well.

"Positions!" The director shouted, and I went to my seat. The opening scenes were with the narrator and when the evil witch speaks into the magical mirror of destiny, so I had a while until it was my turn. I watched from a screen streaming it live, and it was the queen's solo song. Humming along, I flipped through the pages of my script, to make sure that I would not mess up my debut stage. The audience might be confused that I am a "male" acting a female role, but this could be a good chance to use this to my ability to audition for movies and dramas.

"Kwang-sun!" A dancer whispered, "It's almost your turn!"

I nodded in reply, took a deep breath, and stood behind the curtain. As the curtain raised, I spun towards my spot, trying to act as happy as possible. I opened my mouth to say my line, but fear got the better of me. I clenched my fists, and made sure to spit it out, "I should get ready to clean the castle!" I exclaimed, reaching into the well with a bucket already full of water. I pulled it out, emptied most of it on the stage, got onto my knees and began to scrub. Music started to play, and it indicated that I would have to sing in fifteen seconds. My mind was already dizzy, because all the eyes in the crowd were laid on me. I attempted to focus, and started to sing.

As soon as I sang, Key walked from behind, and said his lines. Our scene soon passed, and it was time for the queen to appear again. Backstage, I sprawled in my seat, exhausted. "It's alright," I told myself. "Only a little longer and soon it will be over."