Practice Makes Perfect

I glared at them. They stared at me back.

Do NOT make me explain again, I said with my eyes. Taemin and Onew backed up nervously, only to bump into Minho who was holding a glass of water.

"Did I miss anything important?" Minho asked, handing the cup to me. I drank from it quickly, while pointing at the other two, making Minho explain for me. After we got the introductions over with, we went back to training with Taemin and Onew. As I continued to stumble along the lines of Juliette, Taemin approached me from behind, and grabbed my arms. My heart quickened up, as I felt his chest against my back.

"You need to have your arms in this position," Taemin said gently. I nodded as my face turned bright red. Finally getting past the chorus, we all decided to stop for the day. As Onew and I discussed how life would no longer have meaning without fried chicken, Jonghyun, Key, and SHINee's manager arrived, closing the door behind them.

"Welcome back," Onew and I synchronize, and grinned at each other.

"What have you all been doing without us?" Key ruffled at my hair, and Jonghyun ignored me again. I fixed my hair, slightly annoyed with the silent treatment that he was giving me.

Taemin shook his head, "Hyung, you do not want to know the answer to that."

With the confused look on Key's face, Onew and I dragged him along into our conversation. "I say that fried chicken gives us a delight and a one of a kind flavor," Onew said.

"But I think that eating fried chicken 24/7 would make someone want to vomit," I countered. Key's eyes practically glazed over while watching our miniature dispute.

"You guys!" Key exclaimed. Everyone in the room turned around to look at him. "You shouldn't be arguing about if fried chicken is good; go try something new, like pasta!"

"Pasta?!" Onew and I screeched. "Disgusting!" Key chased us around the room after that.

The lively evening soon passed, and as all the SHINee members went to sleep, I peeked out of my own private room, making sure they were all gone. It was a bit past midnight, and I decided they should be sleeping by now. I tiptoed out of the door, and silently slink off into their practice room. Closing the door behind me with a click, I stood in the middle of the room, looking at my reflection in the mirror. Placing the ear buds in gently, I turned on my phone and looked for the Juliette mp3, and pressed play. Turning, stepping, and stopping at the right beat, I kept on going, stumbling a bit here and there.

"Dang it," I spat out in English. If they're going to have a concert in a month, I need to seriously prepare for it. Pressing the rewind button, I started again from the top, mumbling the lyrics to myself as I danced along to the beat. And little did I know that all five of the members were peaking out from the door behind me, and smiling at each other.