Chapter 12

"Leave. Now." Dimitri got onto Mia before she started. She left.

"What's going on?" Dimitri asked.

"She hadn't told you Belikov?" Mase asked, staring at me accusingly.

"Hasn't told me what?" He covered our asses- god I loved him so much it bloody hurt.

"That she's pregnant."

"Yes. She told me so we could alter trainings. No one's risking this child." Uh oh. You did not just go there Dimitri! Mase caught on.

"You're going easy on our prodigy?! And what's so special about this child?"

"Not easy per se- there's still techniques to teach her and general fitness. And for being special? It's the child of two dhampirs."

"You know who the father is?" Mase asked incredulously.

"Yes."

"Why would she tell you?" Eddie enquired.

"She had too."

"He's right- I didn't have a choice" I defended.

"Ugh. Fine" Mase and Eddie sighed together.

I turned to Dimitri "do Alberta and Kirova know?"

"Yes. They're not gonna do anything but support you- I meant it when I said no one's risking this baby."

"Good. I'm glad." Catching the unspoken "I'm not in trouble".

"I'll see you later Rose" he left.

"You're so lucky to have such a caring mentor Rose" Liss sighed.

"You've got no idea. It's a weird relationship- I spend more time with him than in class" I responded. The bell rang and we went to class.

Rumours surfaced by period 8. I got an "I'm so the father!" From Jesse "oh that's right Ralf also had you! Probably his!"

"In hell- you both know nothing happened!"

"So it's true- you're knocked up!"

"Ugh. Yes. And proud of my unborn child- one of a kind." More importantly my Dimitri's.

"As if! A dhampir baby is a dhampir baby!"

"If you value that ass of yours you'll take that back! You know nothing."

"Really?"

"It's a pure dhampir baby."

"As if! Lying little blood whore." That did it.

"Dimitri!"

"Zeklos- what did I warn you?" Dimitri came when I called.

"Umm?"

"Leave Rose alone! Now!"

"You're protecting her!" He turned and left.

"Thanks" I smiled sadly at him.

"No worries. This baby is too special" he smiled, knowing I'd understood 'this baby' to mean 'our baby'. God, I loved that man.

The next month flew by and it was Christmas Eve before I knew it and my three month scan. Dimitri wasn't allowed to come. I could get two copies of the ultrasound discs- stills and video. I recorded the heartbeat on my phone and made a duplicate disc for Dimitri. I had multiple presents for him. The discs I wrapped in a separate group and attached a card with "Daddy look after me. Love Bubby." In Russian- thank you google translate. I had a big box. A smaller "forever and always yours, Roza" engraved stake and care kit box went in first. Liss had paid most of it but didn't pry. The "love you comrade, Roza" inside pocket embroided duster was carefully folded and added next. The ultrasound discs layed on top. With the repaired Western from Ivan and added "Dimitri, I'm much improved, thanks Roza!" Under Ivans message. I quickly wrapped the box adding a card saying "Dimitri, thanks for everything. You've given me things I never knew I wanted. I hope you like this collection. With all my heart, I'm forever yours. Love Roza" in Russian- written in Cryllic. Tasha Ozera (Christians aunt) was holding a luncheon. She had a crush on Dimitri- obvious to a blind person.