Chapter Thirty one- I don't think so

Start from the beginning

" I need you too." I pecked her lips " I'll tell you what, this Friday night just you and I "

  She grinned at my suggestion and comes down for another lasting kiss.

  Which was cut short by someone walking in.

" Mr McConnell the-ohh" Iris stopped in her tracks after realising what she just walked into.

I'm very sure it took an army of calmness for Michelle to bite back what she intends to say but the way she looked at me spoke enough volumes.

' I hate your secretary '

  I chuckled at her scrunched brow before using my thumb to release them from its frown.

" I'm at work, but I promise you later" I pulled her down and whispered in her ear.

  She just looked at me with uncertainty in her eyes then glared at Iris who was standing uncomfortably by the exit.

  Michelle leaned forward for a really deep kiss and I believe she's just marking territory.

  After a few seconds, she was off my lap and making her way out.

  She made sure to brush Iris on the way.

" Uhm.. sorry about that" Iris mumbled and adjusted her glasses on the bridge of her nose.

Whoa! Hold up! Glasses?

  The last time I ever saw Iris in glasses was the year she disappeared. And even then it was an on and off use.

  I always believed she wore contacts more often, just a guess really. I broke her glasses quite a number of times in the past so she found the contacts more useful.

" You're wearing glasses." It wasn't a question, just a simple statement.

" Yes Mr McConnell. It is on my face" her fake attempt to reply me came with a bored tone.

" Why are you wearing them?"

I honestly know she wouldn't answer but there is no harm in trying.

" Yeah. Là Cheriê magazine sent in a request to make you their cover for next month, should I accept?"

  She's not gonna answer. I expected it though.

" Sure, what day did they set?"

   I checked my watch and saw it was time for another meeting with Glitter and Glam designer on a new perfume scent.

  After closing up all open books before me, I tried to smoothen out my suit as I stood from my chair.

" You agreed?" She asked and clear shock spread on her face.

" Yes. You think I shouldn't?" I walked to her side and peered into the notepad she had in her hand.

  Considering our position isn't one she's comfortable with, so she moved two steps to the side.

" Uhm- are they paying?"

  So that's why she's surprised? She believes I can't do something for another person for free?

True to a level.

" Yes they are"

  She only nodded before changing the subject.

" It's time for the meeting with Glitter and Glam designer." She turned to me with a smile on her face.

  This fucking smile has been on her face since Saturday and it's unnerving.

I mean, what could possibly make Iris smile at me?

" Let's go" we walked to the elevator and as usual we stood eight hundred kilometers away from each other.

  As the elevator closed shut, Iris phone beeped to a message.

  She immediately took it out and viewed.

  And if it is even capable of happening, her smile grew.

  I watched as her facial features carved into something of admiration or sort.

   Her smile was blinding as her cheeks and tips of her ear began to taint with the color pink.

  That only happens when she's uncomfortable or shy.

Then it hit me.

Whatever made Iris happy on Saturday is the cause of the current joy.

  And here is a bigger discovery. I don't think it's a what.

I believe it's a who.

And I have full confidence that I know who that specific who is.

Dad told me to let them be, but these kids are being plain careless about it.

  How in the world would Mason Reid take a girl out for dinner? Within two days the whole world will be drilling with information.

  And that whole world includes The Reid's father.

  I never took Michelle out on public dates, we will normally just meet up at my house or somewhere extremely inconspicuous.

  That's why I'm planning to propose on her birthday with the yacht, so all the questions that may come up from suspicion will be answered.

But then again I'm not planning on doing the proposal that day anymore so I'm looking for a hidden yet flamboyant way to celebrate her birthday.

  All these and many more, I am enduring and some people want to ruin it for me?

I don't think so.