Chapter 6

Pov: Jeremy

As Heidi was interrogating Connor, my dad was interrogating Michael.

"So, how did you two meet?" He asked, and Michael chuckled slightly.

"Well, Jeremy tweeted about how he needed a date for a wedding and I saw it, so I DMed him. Plus he's in my chem class in school." Dad nodded and looked over Michael, looking at all of the patches on his red hoodie. The aliens, pac-man, rainbows, and various other things.

The two seemed to get along well, so that's a good thing.

-timeskip-

Eventually it got dark outside, and our guests had to leave.

Sighing, I said goodnight to my dad and went up to my room. I laid on my bed with my phone and scrolled through twitter and instagram, waiting until I felt tired enough to actually sleep.

-another timeskip, maybe like a month or two-

I slammed the snooze button on my alarm clock, then got out of bed and changed into clean clothes from my closet.

Looks like Dad already took the car to go to work.. well, good thing Michael said he'd pick me up today.

As I was stuffing my materials into my backpack, a loud honk sounded from outside. I sighed and slung my bag over my shoulder, then went outside and saw Michael in his car.

"Get in loser, we're going to hell!" He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"You call me a loser but you're the one driving a PT." Michael laughed and started driving. The whole ride we were talking and laughing about random things that came to our heads, and even stopped at 7-11 for slushies.

At some point during the ride Michael had connected his phone to the aux cord and shuffled his playlist, and we began jamming out to 'Sincerely, Me' from the musical Dear Eva Holland.

Once we finally reached the school campus, Michael stopped the next song from playing and we got out of the car, grabbing our bags. I listened to Michael rant about how difficult Level 9 of AotD is, when suddenly there was an arm around my shoulders and a voice yelling in my ear.

"Sup bro! You really ditching me for this loser?" It was Rich, trying hard not to speak with his lisp, and I sighed. Glancing at Michael, I saw he was looking down at the ground with a half-sad, half-pissed look.

"He's, um.. He's my date.. Y'know, for the wedding. It's been months, hasn't Brooke told you by now?" Rich shook his head and let go of me.

"No. Guess she didn't think it neccessary." Rich shrugged and ran over to his boyfriend upon seeing him, making me chuckle.

"Well.. let's go to class." Michael said, with notably less hype in his voice than before. Hm.. I wonder what he's thinking right now.

-meanwhile, in Michael's brain-

OH MY GOD I ALMOST FORGOT THAT IM THE DATE OF THIS PERFECT CELLULAR BEING HOW COULD I FORGET SOMETHING SO GLORIOUS AND AMAZING!? I CAN'T BELIEVE SUCH A PERFECT HUMAN WOULD CONVERSE WITH A LOSER LIKE MYSELF, IS THIS WHAT HEAVEN IS LIKE OH MY GOD I NEVER THOUGH THE DEITIES ABOVE WOULD ALLOW ME SUCH A WONDERFUL SLICE OF HEAVEN HOLY SHIIITTTT!!!

(#internalgaypanicking)

-back to Jeremy-

As we were walking in the halls, we passed a board with all the recent notices on it. There was a new one, so me being the curious little fucker I am, I went up to it and read it.

'Attention all students, it's the time you've all been waiting for!

The Fall Dance is this Friday, so you better ask your significant other and grab those tickets before it's too late! Tickets will be sold at a table outside the cafeteria!' The poster read, and I looked at Michael. He was waiting for me.

I bit my lip and looked down. Maybe I should ask him... It can be like practice for the wedding reception, in a way! Does that make sense? I don't know..

Before I could do anything, the words were already slipping out of my mouth.

"Hey, Michael, do you wanna go to the dance with me?"