Chapters 28: Helium Or Mircales

Warning: unnecessary amount of sappiness...

************************************
Shisui' POV

She was cuddled up to me, more or less. Her head resting on my shoulder and her legs around my waist. Almost like a koala.

Its slightly uncomfortable for me but if she can finally get a good nights sleep without crying then I'm happy to be her tree.

Its hard for her to be here, to watch all the people you grew up with die one be one right in front of you. No one cane understand that pain and trauma more than me but she's a lot more stronger than I thought.

I bend my head a bit so I am able to kiss her hair. Its been another week since Yukawa has been gone, usually by now Orochimaru would appear screaming that it was another failure. Its killing me to just wait here for him to say that Yukawa is dead and Minako would be next. This means there is a chance that she's still alive, giving Minako some more time to stay here with me.

"🎶When you kiss me like you meant it and there's no distractions. Its so real, i can feel it in my bones, its magic.I won't live my life wondering. You still here and I'm here and I won't ever let you go. I'm gonna love you till the stars finally ride out helium, I'm gonna love you till the mountains cramp at our feet, I'm gonna love you till the sky finally opens up to let us in and we'll float like helium...🎶" she surprises me by singing our wedding song. Her voice was rough but still beautiful

"Thought you were sleeping love," I whisper with a smile.

"Been sleeping for three days straight. " she removes herself from her koala position to sit in front of me.

"Did you get shorter?" I question because from where I am kneeing she had to tilt her head backwards a bit.

"No. You just have weird way of growing tall." She snorts.

"Suuure." My eyes start to close but I shoot open them. Haven't slept in a week, its taking a toll on my body.

"Have you slept at all, Shisui?"

"Uhm... Yes?"

"Don't lie to me Uchiha." She hits my chest, causing me to shriek and it really hurt. "Shit, didn't mean to hit you that hard."

"No problem. Plus if you knew I was gonna lie, why did you ask anyway."

She shrugs, "better to ask then to assume."

"Don't worry about me moonlight. Just" I yawn, "focus on something else."

"🎶I'm gonna love you to the mountains fall, I swear to God we'll see it all, till the colours turn and fade to nothing... And we'll float like helium.🎶" I don't know why she's suddenly singing this to me but I won't question it,

"🎶It's the way that you know me and I'll always be there. If you need protection, I'll be your guideian angel. We could live our lifes wondering, somewhere, somehow; I hope you know that I'll never let you down.🎶" I sing with a smile.

She smiles at me and we both nod, 🎶I'm gonna love you till the stars finally ride out helium, I'm gonna love you till the mountains cramp at our feet, I'm gonna love you till the sky finally opens up to let us in and we'll float like helium...🎶 we sing together.

I couldn't stop myself from bursting out into laughter. Why was I laughing? Why did we just sing our wedding song together? Why was she crying onto my shoulder...?

"I-i can't take this anymore. I wanna go home, with mama mad papa still living, with my best friend and her crazy ways, with the clan trying to keep ourselves together and with you a-and Sukida still arguing playfully together." She sobs. I close my eyes and exhale her now fading scent,