Chapter 2

The next day came. The sky was bright blue with fluffy, cotton-like clouds roaming the air. The slight breeze made the grass dance in a pattern.

The emerald eyed pinkette sat on the edge of a nearby fountain, located around the area they were in yesterday. Her short green dress blew at the end, in the current of the wind as she watched.

"Sakura!" A voice called.

A raven haired boy, with black eyes, yelled from a distance. She noticed he had a small black bag; Strap around his neck, resting at his shoulders, and ending at his thy. He held an ice cream cone in his hand that looked to be untouched.

"Here. Take it, I hope you like ice cream." He gave off a warm smile, holding out his hand for her to take the cone.

She smiled back and gracefully took the ice cream cone. "Thank you. Sasuke." Her attention drew back to his hands and noticed he didn't have a cone for himself.

"Where's yours? Did you eat it already?" He waited a bit and responded. "I don't like sweets."

She giggled and he looked at her with a confused look. "Everyone likes sweets! Especially someone as sweet as you, would enjoy sweets!"

He pouted and slightly blushed at the thought of a girl calling him "sweet". "Yeah well, I just don't like em!" He sat next to her on the fountain ledge.

For a moment, silence filled the air, it wasn't awkward or tense, it was actually quite relaxing, and both of them needed it.

"Hey, um, what's that?" She asked as she pointed at the bag he was still wearing. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot!" He swung his arms to reach inside the bag, and pulled out this red ribbon.

He leaned in close to her and both of their faces slowly turned red. She closed her eyes but opened them when she felt hands playing with her hair, well, 'fixing' her hair.

When he finished tying the ribbon, making it so her bangs weren't covering her forehead or her eyes as much as they previously were, he reached back into the bag, but this time, getting a pin.

The pin was in the form of a red and white fan, resembling the Uchiha clan, his clan. He pinned it on the center of the ribbon, in between the bows.

He reached back into his bag once more, but this time, he pulled out a mirror. He then handed it to her so she can see her new look.

"......" She was silently starring at her reflection; observing the new gesture. After a few moments, she spoke. "...wow...I look...different...." Worry soon spread throughout her face.

The Raven noticed and grew concerned, "What's wrong?"

"...Won't they bully me more now? It's so...so open.." She looked down while covering her head with her hand.

"It looks better his way, at least it looks like you aren't trying to hide it. When you hide it like you do, it gives them the opportunity to tease you even more." He removed her hand.

The sky started to change its color, it was now a similar color to yesterday's; an ombré effect of multi-colors fading into a darker shade then the previous one.

"Hey your ice cream is melting, eat it while you still can." He put the mirror back into his bag and stood up.

"I have to get going, but I'll see you soon, okay Sakura. I promise." And with that, he left, fading in his surroundings.

She looked in the water behind her to see her reflection again. She touched the pin he placed on the bow and slightly smiled.

"Sasuke....thank....you...."