Chapter 17: Kidnapping 101

Start from the beginning

"I am guessing you see the F and R, huh?" asked Starlight.

Twilight jumped a little as she heard Starlight's voice right behind her. She nodded.

"Yeah. How is he able to do that? Isn't it against the Tire Tread Regulations?" asked Twilight.

Starlight laughed. She knew Twilight had no understanding of how Filthy Rich worked his way around to get what he wanted. She placed her hand on Twilight's shoulder.

"Let's say a lot of the money in his pockets goes towards breaking or find loopholes in the rules," replied Starlight.

Twilight looked at Starlight. She had to chuckle as well. It seemed amazing the lengths that Filthy Rich would go to just for tire treads. She fixed her glasses as she and Starlight walked back to the house.

"So, how exactly are we going to find Sunset? The tire tracks only go for about 20 feet then they disappeared. I didn't exactly see anything else indicating another trail." asked Twilight.

Starlight sat down on the couch. Her thoughts were racing over the possibilities of where the tire tracks led. She knew if one place, but she wasn't too sure it still existed. She took out her laptop which was sitting on the table in front of her. She looked up the surrounding Everfree forest.

Twilight looked at what Starlight was doing. She leaned in but she didn't want to be too close to Starlight. She wasn't sure if Starlight could handle her being close.

Sensing what Twilight was thinking Starlight said, "You can sit next to me, I won't bite. I will let you know if you can't be near me."

Twilight sat next to Starlight. She felt so nervous that she found it hard to breathe. She wasn't sure of what she could do. But she saw the screen of Starlight's laptop had an image of an area with vegetation around it.

"What is that area?" asked Twilight.

Starlight zoomed in on the area. She pointed to the area that had little to no vegetation in or on it.

"That is what I believe to be the location of Filthy Rich's old farmhouse that he bought back in the 17th century," replied Starlight.

Twilight stared at the screen. She tried to see what Starlight was talking about. But she saw nothing that indicated anything of a farmhouse, besides the almost barren spot in the middle of nowhere.

Starlight zoomed in even farther, enhancing the image. She pointed to a slight outline of a shadow. Twilight saw that there was no possible reason for the shadow to be there.

"Why's there a shadow there? I see nothing to cause it," asked Twilight.

Starlight sat back against the couch. She looked at Twilight.

"You can't see anything because Filthy Rich is smart. He cloaked the house so it can't be detected by satellite or locator spell either," replied Starlight.

Twilight was shocked. She couldn't believe that Starlight just suggested that magic was real. She looked at the shadow and saw that it was indeed real. She blinked several times, making sure she wasn't seeing things.

"Well, when are we going to locate this place?" asked Twilight.

Starlight looked out the window. She saw the setting sun. She wondered that same thing. She didn't want to look too soon because Filthy Rich could be alerted to their presence. And too late, and Sunset might as well be dead.

"We'll start looking tomorrow morning. We need to ensure that Filthy Rich will be a bit busy," replied Starlight.

Twilight nodded. She stood up and yawned. She hadn't realized that she was so exhausted. But due to her and Starlight looking for Sunset for the majority of the afternoon, she was worn out. She looked at Starlight.