As if on cue, the detention teacher, Ms. Balkins, walks right in. It must've look like something it wasn't because of our proximity and River's hands still holding my wrists.

River and I both jumped away from each other at lightening speed, but Ms. Balkins still caught it.

She looked at us with a furious glint in her eyes, and in that moment I was more afraid of her than I ever was of that alcohol drenched creep.

"I thought I told you kids to not move from your seats?! What are you two doing cozying up to each other?" She yelled at us in a terrifying manner.

"Nothing was happening, trust me!" I pleaded but I had a feeling that wouldn't work.

" Yea, ok, "trust you"" she mocked me.

"You both have 2 weeks of detention! No ifs, ands, or buts! That's final." She said to a very distraught me and a weirdly calm River.

Seriously did this boy care about anything?

Just as she finished her reprimanding, the school bell signaling school was over, rung.

I didn't even try to argue, I knew I wouldn't get out of this horrible sentence.

Just as Ms. Balkins walked out of the room, I turned to River.

"Are you serious?! This is all your fault!" I screamed, very frustrated.

"Seriously? How on Earth is this my fault? You're just as much to blame." He answered back, raising his voice.

I guess he was right. I really was just looking for someone to blame.

"Whatever, River." I said not wanting this fight to go on any longer than it already has.

"Later, Hailey." River muttered, clearly irritated.

I turned around to walk away but quickly turned back to him when I noticed something.

"How do you know my name? I mean, you didn't write it on the note." I asked with as much attitude as possible.

"uhhh...the...um.... Ms. Balkins said it." He replied, stating it more as a question.

I knew for a fact she hadn't said it, but decided to let it go, seeing as I didn't really want to be here any longer, and I still had quite a walk ahead of me.

***

When I finally get out of the detention classroom, the halls are completely deserted, as is the parking lot. I guess everyone else wanted to get out of here just as bad as I did.

I began to make my way across the parking lot to exit towards the front of the school, dreading my walk home.

As I begin my walk home, I start thinking about what had happened with River. He was mysterious, that was for sure, but there was something more to him that I couldn't see just yet.

My thoughts were interrupted as a black Audi slowly pulled up next to me. I was just about ready to run, when the window began to roll down.

When the driver came into my view, I must say I was slightly irritated. What did River want now?

"What are you doing?" He asked me, his voice slightly raising for a reason unknown to me.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I replied continuing to walk slowly forward.

River started driving at the same pace I was walking.

"Why?" He questioned.

Was he serious?

"Because I want to go home." I replied bluntly.

"Get in the car." He demanded with authority.

He had no authority over me, and he had to know that.

"No." I simply responded

"Yes. Stop being so difficult. It's bad enough you walked to school, you're not walking back."  I think then realized what he said because he opened his eyes widely before putting back a blank face.

How did he know I walked to school? This day just kept on getting stranger.

"What?" Is all that came out of my mouth

"Never mind, just get in the car." he said, yet again.

"No." I refuted

With this, he slammed the breaks and got out of the car.

"JUST GET IN THE DAMN CAR!" He yelled angrily

I was shocked because of this sudden outburst for a moment, before I regained my composure.

"Why? Why do I get in the car?" I asked him, now slightly amused with his fury.

"Because I want to take you home, god dammit!" He groaned, still frustrated.

"Ok, fine, that's all you had to say." I smirked, knowing I was pissing him off.

***

The whole car ride was completely silent.

I glanced over to River and he was clenching his jaw so hard, I was scared he would break all his teeth. I also noticed how he was grabbing onto his steering wheel so tightly that all of his knuckles were a pale white. Why was he always so angry?

A couple minutes later, we pulled up outside my house.

I glanced to River to mutter a thank you, but I was interrupted by his words.

"I'll be here at 7:00. You're not walking to school anymore." what the, "Please don't try to fight me because, I'm going to be here either way, and this way's easier." he said all this rather quickly.

I was in complete and utter shock to say the least.

River? Taking me? To school? What?

I probably would've fought him, but honestly I really dreaded walking to school and River taking me couldn't be that bad.

What I said next I think shocked River because he wasn't expecting me to not put up a fight,

"6:30" I argued

"No" he said

"Fine then I'm no-" I was cut of by Rivers grunt

"6:45" He mumbled in defeat.

I smiled.

"Ok, see you then" I chirped.

I reached my front door and turned around to see River still in his car. As soon as I got inside my house I heard his car leave.

I settled down and began to take out some homework to do when I realized something.

I never told River where I live.

How did he know exactly where my house was?

****

Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please please please vote, it helps A LOT!! Have a good day!