A Boy Named Shoto Todoroki

Start from the beginning

- Love,
         your son Izuku"

Smiling, I placed the note on the table and ran to my room to put on my sweater.

I looked outside the window, only to see how the sky had turned cloudy and gray in such a short amount of time.

It's strange to think how things can change so quickly.

I looked at my phone and checked the weather, only to see it had a 76% chance of rain. "I'll take my chances." I said to myself, stuffing the device in one of my pant's pockets.

I grabbed my sweater, putting it on before going to the entrance and putting on my favorite pair of red shoes.

In my hands I carried a container with my cold soba and an umbrella, walking outside peacefully as I took a stroll down the neighborhood. I decided to take my food out as well to find a neat spot to sit and eat in rather than eating cooped-up at home as usual.

I wanted to switch things up for once.

As I strayed farther from my home, the sky got darker and you could start to faintly hear the rumble of thunder far away. I found the scene comforting and peaceful in some way.

At some point in my walk, I started to hear a man yell furiously in the distance as a younger voice argued back.

Out of curiosity, I started to get closer to the place where the whole conflict was at. I kept coming closer and closer until finally I could hear most of the argument.

"Leave her alone!" Yelled the young voice. His voice sounded so unemotional and serious, almost threatening in a way. I could tell this guy was pissed off.

"You dare yell at me in such a manner??!" A loud slap could be heard making me gasp. "You useless piece of shit! This is all your mother's doing! If she had not been so soft on you, maybe you would be a better son! You need to surpass All Might and become the number one hero!"

"I WILL NEVER BE LIKE YOU! How dare you insult mother like that?! She's a better parent than YOU ever will!!"

The older male scoffed in disgust. "Your siblings will have to go as well, then. If I have to, I will lock them up somewhere you will never see them again. Can't you see that they're a weakness to you??! A stepping stone into your great future??!"

I wanted to act and stand up for the boy, but I had no previous context and it wasn't my business, yet my curiosity kept me glued to my spot.

"Stop talking about my family like that you-you-!!" He didn't finish his sentence, but stormed out in fit of anger as tears streamed down his face when he made his way out of what I presumed was home.

It then started to rain.

I opened my umbrella.

He ran past me, turning left on a corner where I couldn't see him from my angle. Something made me chase after him. I didn't quite know why, but I just did. Maybe somewhere in me I couldn't stand to see the boy look that way.

I spotted the male sitting down on a cement step belonging to a small, closed, clothes store. He broke down in tears, wiping at them furiously as me murmured incoherent things to himself.