Chapter 4

The limousine left the Isle of the Lost on a magic bridge of sorts, one Logan had only seen appear when someone important was coming or going. That being the rare instance it is, he never considered he'd have the chance to ride across it. He studied the bridge through the window, concluding it must incorporate fairy dust to some end. Logan realized he must have been muttering his findings, because he felt Virgil tense up at the word "fairy."

"Oh, no, not like.. her. This dust must have been supplied by a good fairy of some kind, perhaps Auradon's headmistress herself."

Virgil relaxed a little, but his shields remained up the rest of the way across. After the fiasco in their school hallway, it made sense for him to be on edge. The over-extravagant scene was surprising even to Logan. His father had informed him of the transfer that morning, but no one made him aware that he would be picked up directly from school. He would have tried to warn Virgil if that were the case. Though, something about his companion's reaction to the transfer seemed amiss.

"So, what are we doing here?" Virgil broke his train of thought.

Logan was unsure how to respond to such a vague question, so he opted for the most direct response. "We are being transferred to Auradon Preparatory Academy via limo."

Virgil snorted, then turned to his friend. "Yeah, but why? This just feels wrong."

"Well, I assume you received a similar set of instructions from your mother as I did from my father. Be evil, cause chaos, set things on fire, etc." Logan replied.

Virgil remained silent, and Logan raised an eyebrow. "Am I incorrect?"

After a beat of silence, the other responded. "I, uh, didn't know.. about the transfer. She didn't tell me." Virgil let out slowly.

Logan was baffled, to say the least. How Virgil avoided that conversation with the most evil villain on the island was an utter mystery. But, sensing the reluctance in Virgil's demeanor, Logan relented. "Oh. Well... it matters not. The only reason I agreed to transfer is because Auradon has access to countless educational resources. I couldn't care less about my father's fruitless schemes when compared to the expansion of the mind." 

Virgil chuckled. "You're such a nerd."

Logan almost smiled. Deep down, however, he was apprehensive about their surprise transfer. Villains were never reached out to in this manner, it just wasn't done. As the limo pulled through the golden gates of Auradon Prep, he kept his guard up, preparing himself to meet the deviant mind who orchestrated all of this.

---

"Ok, that's good, stand right there!" Patton bustled about the school's entrance trying to get everything in order. He had pulled out all the stops to make the Isle transfers feel welcome, including but not limited to a large painted banner, the marching band, and an ample amount of confetti. "When you see the limo pull up, start playing on my cue!"

"Hey, Pat!"

Patton turned, and a wide smile grew on his face when he saw him.

"ROMAN!" Patton ran over to the other prince and pulled him into a hug, "It's been forever!"

Roman laughed, "Pat, it's only been two months."

"Two months too long." They broke apart and Roman took in the display with a perplexed expression. "All this for those Isle kids, huh?"

Patton nodded, "Thank you so much for helping me out with this! It means a lot."

Despite his lack of choice in the matter, and his disdain in general for the Isle, Roman could at least be glad that it made Patton happy. He smiled at his friend, trying to ignore the pit in his stomach.