The One with All the Kissing

Start from the beginning

*~*

"Noah you can't mess up like that again." Nevaeh paces back and forth in front of her boyfriend who is sitting on the couch in her apartment. Max had gone to get something from the store and Megan and Dylan had gone to get something for Dylan's two year anniversary with his boyfriend. "Sure, that little kissing stunt was clever, but dude, now everyone knows something's up."

"Oh come on, Carter." Noah starts. "They don't think something's up."

"The most gay thing you've ever done was say Dave Franco was beautiful. And that was four years ago when we almost died during that shitty camping trip." Nevaeh stops pacing and throws him a pointed look. "I'm pretty sure they know you wouldn't voluntarily kiss Dylan unless you really had to."

Nevaeh starts pacing again and Noah sighs, grabbing her wrist and stopping her from pacing. He pulls her onto his lap and presses their lips together for a moment before pulling back. "Relax."

"Don't tell me to relax—" he cuts her off by connecting their lips again, her hands finding their way to his hair.

Suddenly, the door bursts open and Noah instinctively pushes Nevaeh off his lap and onto the floor.

"Fuck you, too, Noah." Nevaeh groans, getting up as Noah stares at Megan and Dylan who had just entered the apartment and was now frozen, staring with shocked expressions, no doubt having seen the end of their kiss.

Noah springs into action. Pecking Megan lips quickly before grabbing Dylan's face and pressing their lips together.

"Bye, guys." He grins before walking out of the apartment.

Megan and Dylan look at Nevaeh who quickly grabs the basket of clothes off the floor. "I'm going to go do my laundry."

"Those are mine." Megan tells her, still confused.

"Yes, they are." Nevaeh says after staring down at the laundry basket in her hand. "I'm going to go do your laundry."

She walks out of the apartment just as Max walks in, leaving them staring after her.

"Isn't that your laundry basket?" Max points over his shoulder with furrowed brows.

"Yup." Megan nods.

"We just walked in to Nevaeh and Noah kissing, then Noah kissed us and left." Dylan gestures between Megan and himself.

"Seriously, what the actual fuck is going on?!" Max throws his arms in the air. "I'm so confused!"

Dylan looks at the ground in deep thought before looking up at his friends with a knowing smirk. "I'm not."

"What?" Max and Megan both look at him.

"Think about it." Dylan tells them. "Who did Noah kiss first yesterday before he went to go pick up Danny?"

"Nevaeh." Max looks up in realisation.

"And who do we just walk in on him kissing?" Dylan raises his eyebrows at Megan.

"Nevaeh." Megan gasps, realisation also hitting her.

"And I'm sure you've both noticed how they've both been blowing off a lot of group plans since we came back from Vegas." Dylan smirks.

"They've been dating for months!" Max exclaims. "And they didn't tell us! What the hell?! We're their best friends!"

"I think I know why they didn't tell us." Megan purses her lips.

"Why's that?" Dylan questions her.

"Because of that." She points at Max who looks back at her in confusion.

"Okay, I know I'm an idiot, but you don't have to call me a 'that'." Max pouts, throwing his girlfriend an offended look.

"They didn't want us to make a big deal out of it like we just did." She explains, ignoring what Max had said. "They didn't want to deal with us yelling at them because they wanted to keep something private."

"But we're their best friends." Max starts to argue.

"That doesn't mean they have to tell us everything." Megan shoots him a look. "They're allowed to keep things to themselves."

"How you guessed that, I have no idea." A deep voice starts from the doorway, making the three look over and see Nevaeh and Noah standing there. They walk into the apartment.

"But we're sorry for not telling you." Nevaeh apologises.

"You don't have to be sorry." Dylan shrugs.

"Yeah, Megan just talked some sense into us." Max smiles.

"Us?" Dylan repeats incredulously.

Max rolls his eyes before turning back to Nevaeh and Noah. "Okay, she talked some sense into me."

"We're happy you two finally got together." Megan smiles at them. "But I'm surprised you managed to keep it it from us for that long."

"Yeah, you usually can't keep secrets from us for more than two days." Dylan chuckles.

"Hey, we can keep secrets from you." Noah argues.

"Really?" Max laughs. "What about that time in senior year when you realised you like Nevaeh, but you blurted it out then you said it was a secret?"

Noah gapes for a second. "It was a secret from Carter, not you! And she didn't know until two seconds ago!"

Nevaeh turns to Noah with a grin. "You've liked me for five years?"

Noah starts stuttering. "Uh-well-I—"

Nevaeh laughs and cuts him off by pecking his cheek. "Adorable."