Uncle Eddie's Final Case

Start bij het begin

"Different how?" Eddie asked, glancing over at me. When he saw I wasn't going to answer, he turned back to Seth. "Is there something you're tryin' to tell me?"

Seth sighed, looking at the ground for a second as he talked with his hand, "I'm trying to help you."

Raising an eyebrow at Seth, he couldn't believe his words, "Help me?"

"You been on the sidelines too long. It's time to hang up your wingtips," Seth said, clearly upset by his own words. He knew he needed his uncle to stop this hunt for this case. Otherwise, he would get hurt and Seth would blame it on himself.

Uncle Eddie looks pissed, looking back over to me. My eyes moved down, looking in sympathy at the ground. That seemed to start the pissed off action of Eddie throwing the paper in a case, "Jesus Christ. Family. Who needs it?" He shoved the case in a drawer, locking it. "I'll go get myself a real crew. Somebody with balls."

Seth sighs as Eddie storms out of the room.

My eyes look at Seth who looks guilty and upset at the ground. "You were just trying to help him," I said, hoping my words would calm him some.

Nodding, Seth looks up at me, "Yeah. Only now it seems I've dug him in deeper."

I was silent, my hope that Seth was wrong while my brain said that he wasn't. Eddie seemed to be a stubborn man, one that when his mind was planned to do something, he'd do it with little to no help. Let's just hope this isn't one of those cases.

Seth eyed the drawer that Eddie just threw the case in, his mind seeming to be lost somewhere. He tapped his fingers on the chair for a second before pushing himself away. He walked over to me, putting his hands on my arms. "I need you to do something for me. Leave, meet me at the diner down the road, and I'll meet you there in a little bit."

Confusion sat on my face, "What are you going to do?"

"Something stupid, probable," Seth said with a sigh.

I nodded, giving him my answer before watching him leave the room. There was a minute where my brain raced to figure out what Seth was thinking. When a few ideas came to mind but nothing stood out, I grabbed the car keys and headed to the diner like Seth asked.

After finding a booth and ordering some food, I decided to make a call. Pulling out my phone, I dialed the all too familiar number and held it to my ear. It rang and rang before going to voicemail, causing a sigh to leave my lips.

"Hey Kate. It's Katherine. I, I was just checking in, seeing how you were doing. I've been sending you some money, I hope you're getting it. If you get the chance, call me back. Hope you're doing good. Love you."

Hanging up the phone, I looked down and sighed at it before shoving it into my pocket.

I ate my food, finishing it just as Seth walked in. "Come on, we got to go," Seth said, motioning for me to follow him. Throwing some money down, I got up and climbed into Seth's stolen car. We headed off, arriving at an abandoned warehouse a few blocks down.

"What are we doing here?" I asked Seth as he parked the car outside.

"You're staying in the car," Seth says, grabbing his stake shooting gun.

I eyed his action, confused, "Seth-" he cut me off.

"Stay in the car, Katherine," he half-yelled, half-ordered as he climbs out of the car. He slams the car door shut, making me curse under my breath as I watch him walk into the building.

My elbow sits on the window, sighing as I stared out it. What was the point of grabbing me if all I'm going to do is sit in the car? I waited, my eyes tracing over the warehouse in front of me.