"hey bubba..."

●●●

I walk down the stairs, into the kitchen. Today is one of those days where I want to disappear and never come back. My mum looks up at me smiling sadly, "hey Ann's, you alright?".

I nod my head not bothering to open my mouth because if I did, I know I'll ruin my cover. "Mum, I'm going straight there, I'm going to be late home so don't worry about me".

She shakes her head at me as she quishes the orange to make orange juice, yeah no I'm not hungry. "Come back before twelve at night Annie."

"No promises" I say getting off the counter grabbing my coat and phone. Stuffing the phone into my back pocket I wear the coat. "I'm not hungry, let Hayley have it".

She nods understandingly looking down, I know I'm not the only one that's sad. But they make it seem so normal and I hate that. It's not normal and it never well be normal.

To me any way.

I grab the car keys opening the front  door, but Hayleys voice stops me. "Annie where are you going?", her voice is weak as she rubs her eyes. My heart pains me when I realise she clearly didn't sleep.

I force myself to smile at her, I turn around and sigh. "I'm going out, are you okay?" I ask. She shakes her head over and over again.

"I hate today!I don't want today!" Her voice cracks as she stares at me, her eyes tearing up abit. "I hate today Annie...so much".

Suddenly the air stops, my lungs feel like there going to suffocate. I stare at her for a long time slowly tears falling down her red cheeks. My eyes widen as I walk up to her hugging her so tight. "It's okay.." I mumble into her hair softly.

"I-its not! He left me, he left us!"

I play with her hair trying to blinck away the tears that are threatening to fall from my eyes, I can't cry, not infront of her anyway. Hayley is normally emotionally better than me.

I normally cry and let everything out, Hayley handles it better. Seeing her like this pains me sense it's very rare.
She pushes me away from the hug her eyes red.

"A-annie did you know I had a dream last night.." she says staring at me, tears still falling down her cheeks. I shake my head, Because I know if I dared to speak I'll start crying. "It was more like a nightmare Annie..he was there."

I close my eyes for a second my heart shattering slowly at her words, that's why she's crying today. "Do you want to know what he said to me Annie..?".

I don't reply and just open my eyes tears falling but I wipe them with the back of my hand, " i-its fine Hayley.. you don't have-".

"I want to!"

I look at her as she stares at me her brown almost black eyes shown sadness. " He blamed me Annie."

No, no,no.

She can't think that way,I'll never let her think that way! I can just feel my heart dropping crashing at the pit of my stomach. "No no Hayley it isn't your fault!".

"YES IT IS!" She cries new tears coming into her eyes, "he told me it is!And I know it is! I could've helped him, he looked ill! I could've don't something Annie I should've done something..".

I shake my head over and over again wiping the tears that have fallen again. "I don't want you to blame yourself Hayley."

"But I want to and I will. Because he told me so! I saw him Annie he came to me last night. He said: "Why didn't you help me Hayley? Aren't you supposed to love me? But instead you just left me die. It's your fault."