Dinner With The Snakes

Start from the beginning

Richie shrugged, "It works."

"Not this time," Seth said, shaking his head. "That's two different jobs. You wanna kill the boss. We just wanna rob him, if we're even interested."

Gesturing towards his brother, Richie said, "Come on. A hit and a heist. Plays like a two-fer."

"Yeah," Seth scuffed, clearly not believing it.

"Makes sense to me," I said, making Seth quickly look at me. I looked at him, "Two birds, one stone."

Seth sighs, his shoulders slumping slightly as he looks at me before looking at Richie. He gestured to the building, "It's a nice place. Very uptown, huh? Switch your napkins out and everything, huh?"

Putting his arm around my chair, Seth looked over at me, using my nickname again. "You see, Kitty Kat, this is the kinda place you bring someone when you want to impress 'em." He looks back at Richie, his arm still around my chair. "Make 'em think you can run the game, when, in fact, the only score you've ever made has been a lay-up. You've been wearing Converse All-Stars your whole life and you're gonna lace up the Jordans now?"

"It's a Kentucky quinella. We've done it before," Richie said, clearly annoyed with how un-smoothly this was going.

Seth scuffed, "Yeah, and it was a shitty split."

"There is no split. You can have it all. This isn't about the money for us," Richie said, trying his best not to raise his voice.

Nodding but clearly not believing it, Seth mumbled, "Okay."

Richie shook his head at his brother, giving him a fake smile. "It's really not that hard, you know. Riding shotgun. I've been doin' it my whole life, brother. While also doing all the real work while you drive fast cars."

Seth bit his tongue, clearly angry and ready to leave.

My head looked between the two brothers, "So, this what you two are going to do? Go back and forth and hope someone gives in or some crap? Well, if there's anything I learned about you two, it's that no one gives in. So, we either find a compromise or-"

Santanico cut me off, glaring at me, then doing the same to Richie and Seth, "I don't need your help. As a matter of fact, I don't need anyone's help."

Raising an eyebrow and lowering his arm from my chair, "Really? Remind me what happens when you get hungry."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Richie snarled at his brother.

"You know what it means."

Richie pointed to Santanico, "If you got something to say to her, you can say it to me."

"I don't wanna either of us getting bit in the middle of a job," Seth said, gesturing to me and himself.

Throughout this back and forth conversation, I was quickly realizing that Seth and Richie weren't just going to join hands and fix things. This case was big for both brothers, but different in their reasoning's.

"It's fear," Santanico said, grabbing Seth and I's attention. "It's really funny how you all run around like little monkeys. I'm not afraid of Malvado. I know where he is. I just need to get there and kill him."

Richie looked at Santanico, clearly not agreeing with her words. "We can't just walk in. We need a play."

"We don't need your brother and his little side of the road, RV girlfriend."

My eyes rose, "Excuse me?" I asked, getting annoyed with this women.

Seth pointed at Santanico, clearly defensive and anger, "Hey, watch your mouth!"