fifteen

[edited]

M E L ' S P O V

That was it. I was broken. Liam committed suicide because of me. Because I told him he ruined my life. But he didn't. I don't think I ever really loved Jordan, or maybe I did. But it doesn't matter anymore because he's gone and with another girl.

I just cried. Right there, in front of Zach. But I didn't care. I just sobbed and whined and threw things at the wall for almost an hour. And Zach was there the whole time. He couldn't calm me down, no one could at this point. I'd lost everything. I have no one. I only had one idea of happiness left, and I wasn't even sure Zach would let me go through with it.

I finally calmed down to tell him my last idea of happiness for me.

"Zach?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm coming to Canada."

"W-what?"

"I'm coming to see you and Destiny."

"Okay. When?"

"Whenever I can get the earliest flight to Toronto."

"Great. I miss you, Melanie."

"I miss you, too. I just need to be with you guys. I still want to try and be happy."

"Well I'll try my best. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I logged off and start throwing clothes into my suitcase.

Z A C H ' S P O V

She was coming to Canada, and I couldn't be more excited. Ever since she told me she loved me, I'd been dying to see her. It sounded like she was beginning to fall into depression. She said she was coming to Canada to try and be happy. I guess Liam's death was the hardest hit.

I didn't know if she was going to be staying in my apartment or in a hotel, but I cleaned up anyway. That took around one and a half hours because the place was a pigsty. I recorded some Hunger Games in case I wouldn't m have time to record while she's in town. I brought Straub and Bayani on Teamspeak to record.

"Hey, guys. Thanks for coming on in such short notice.", I said.

"Dude! It's 5:30 am in Australia right now! What do you need recorded?", Straub asked.

"I just need a bunch of Hunger Games episodes.", I explained.

"Why?", Bayani questioned.

"It's because Melanie's going to be in town and I don't know if I'll have time to record.", I said

"Can we please not talk about her?", Bayani asked. I guess she's still a touchy subject for Jordan.

"Yeah, whatever."

M E L ' S P O V

The plane took flight at around 3 pm, and it was now 8:30 and we were landing. I texted Zach telling him that we were landing, and he said he was waiting by the gate. I walked down the long tunnel, and I started getting so nervous and excited. What was I going to say? Are things going to be awkward between us now that I've said I love him? Jordan accidentally spilled that Zach liked me, but his feelings may have changed. If anything, I wanted us to stay as the best of friends. I entered the main area and saw many people standing there, waiting. I didn't see Zach at first, so I decided that I would have to fight my way through the crowd. I looked everywhere and couldn't see him. I sat down in a seat and just thought for a moment.

He couldn't have just ditched me, could he? He said he came, but what if he didn't? What if he never wanted me to come to Canada in the first place? Terrible thoughts invaded my mind and tears began to slip from my eyes. I'd been in such a fragile state lately that the tiniest little upset caused me to cry. It was like I was a toddler again, throwing a tantrum because I couldn't have ice cream before dinner. I was useless, and I was nothing but a waste of space.

As these negative words circled in my head, I felt a tap on my shoulder. For some reason, I felt a surge of anger go through me when I felt the tap. I stood up, turned around, and screamed at the person until I realized who it was.

"What do wa-... Zach? Zach!", I exclaimed and gave him a massive hug.

I missed him. He gave the best hugs, and now that I'd come to the conclusion that I was in love with him, it gave me huge butterflies in my stomach. We just stayed there for a few moments and eventually pulled apart. I stared into his blue eyes and leaned in. He did the same, and we kissed.

It was so passionate and meaningful, like our first kiss. Sparks flew, and I knew that I really did love him. It lasted for a few more seconds, and then we hugged again.

"I love you, Zach.", I said into his shoulder.

"I love you too, Melanie.", he replied.

"Hello? I'm here too, by the way!", I heard another voice and realized it was Destiny.

"Destiny! I'm sorry, that must've been so awkward.", I said, hugging her.

"No, I was completely comfortable with you too lip locking in front of me.", she said sarcastically.

"Okay, okay, Miss Queen of Sarcasm.", I laughed.

"I'm hungry.", Zach grumbled.

"Oh please, when aren't you hungry?", I joked.

"Um, never. Pizza?", he asked.

"Duh!", me and Destiny said in unison, and we giggled afterwards.

"Good. We can go to my apartment and I'll call Domino's.", he said.

We went over to the luggage pickup area and got my suitcase. Like a gentleman, Zach volunteered to take my suitcase while I had my carryon bag.

When we got home, Zach ordered the pizza. We ate it, watched some movie on Netflix, and passed out on the couches.

For the first time in a while, I felt genuinely happy. It didn't feel like I was dreaming and that it was all going to be over in a matter of minutes.

Maybe this is my happy ending, maybe I'm not dreaming after all.