six

[edited]

M E L ' S P O V

9 AM, it was way too early too be getting things done. But I had to get up early to pack and be at the LAX by 12 PM.

I grabbed breakfast and jumped onto Teamspeak. I joined a channel with Graser, hoping he wasn't recording. Luckily, he wasn't.

"Hey, Melanie!"

"Hey! Will you keep me entertained for around an hour so I can pack and not be bored?"

"Of course! So, what do you want me to do?"

"I don't know, sing a song?"

Worst mistake ever.

For 10 minutes, I listened to Zach singing 'Get Lucky' so off key.

"GRASER!"

"What? Do you want an encore?"

"NO! Stop singing, please!"

"Oh."

After I finished packing, I stayed on, and we kept talking. Before I knew it, my alarm went off for 10:45 to head to the airport.

"Graser, I've gotta head to the airport. Will I see you tonight?"

"I'm already in Seattle! My flight left last night and we got in early this morning."

"Cool! I should be there by 2:30, so I'll see you!"

"Okay, see you then!"

"Bye!", I said and logged off.

T I M E S K I P

"Thank you!", I said to the taxi driver and handed him a generous tip.

As I walked to my gate, I checked the time. It was 11:30, so I still had some time. I turned my head and saw a Starbucks, and my inner white girl came out. I ended up ordering a white chocolate iced coffee.

Now I was ready to head to Seattle.

Over the loud intercom, I heard that my plane was now boarding. I got up from the seat and headed down the long tunnel. I started getting really excited, because for some reason I loved flying.

I walked on the plane and saw that there were three seats to each row. I took an empty window seat and stared out at the runway.

I was scrolling through Twitter, and saw something that caught my eye.

@xBayani: @MelMC can't wait to finally see my favorite LA gal!

I got some serious butterflies from this and decided to tweet back because I was smart and chose a plane with wifi.

@MelMC: @xBayani get pumped, Im on the plane!

I also tagged a picture of my view from my window, which was basically just the plane wing.

As I was scrolling, I heard some familiar voices.

"Where do wanna sit?", a girl said.

"It doesn't matter.", a guy said.

"Well pick a seat!", she snapped back.

"Fine! Here's two sea-... Melanie?".

I looked up and saw Mitchell and Bee staring at me.

"Hey, guys! What are you two doing in LA?", I asked, deciding to be kind to both of them. I wasn't gonna be mean to Bee unless she wasn't kind to me.

"The airport in Sydney had no flights to Seattle, so we had to go to LA, and then take this flight. Can we sit here?", Mitch asked.

"What? No Mitchell, I'm not sitting that close to her.", Bee said and pointed her yellow-nailed painted finger at me.

"Well, of course you guys can sit here! Why wouldn't I let my two favorite Aussies sit next to me!"

"Thanks! I'll sit in the middle so that you two don't claw each other's eyes out.", Mitch chuckled.

Bee just scoffed at us and sat down.

Well this should be fun.

Most of the flight was just me writing in my journal, listening to music, reading, and staring out the window.

As I finished up 'The Fault in Our Stars', I started to tear up and feel a tap on my shoulder.

"We're landing, drama queen. So get your shit together.", Bee hissed. Mitch was already walking off the plane, and he didn't hear her. Can she not understand that I don't want to waste my time fighting with her?

"Thank you so much! We don't want anyone left on the plane!", I said happily, surprising her and myself.

I walked off the plane and looked around for a certain robot. He texted me that he was at the airport with Jordan, waiting for us to land.

I fought my way through a crowd and finally saw him. We had gotten so close, he was almost like a brother to me. He hadn't noticed me yet, so I ran up and hugged him tightly.

"Hey! What are you- Melanie!", He exclaimed and hugged me back.

"My little robot! How are you doing?", I asked laughing.

"Not bad! Not bad.", he said.

"So, uh, where's Jordan?", I asked.

"Why, do you like him?", he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"What? N-no! Where did you get that from?", I said, laughing nervously. I'm a terribly liar.

"You totally like him!", he yelled.

"Shut up!", I said covering his mouth. "Fine, I like him, but I swear, if you tell anyone, I will never talk to you again. I will quit the Cube and all social medias.", I said dramatically.

"I knew it! And he's behind you, looking clueless.", Zach said, laughing.

I turned around and only saw Straub walking up, doing some kind of man handshake hug thing with Zach. They started talking, and I looked further behind Mitch to see Jordan just standing there, staring at his phone.

"Jordan!", I yelled. He looked up at me and smiled. He started to walk over when Bee ran in front of him and started talking.

I'm close enough to them so I can faintly hear their conversation.

"Hey, Jordan!"

"Uh, hey Bee.", he said, looking over her shoulder to see me. He mouthed, 'I'm sorry' and I mouthed back, 'It's fine'.

"So, do wanna go out for dinner later? Just the two of us? Not with Graser or Mitchell or Melanie or anybody else. They're such drags."

"Those are my friends you are talking about. I'm gonna have to say no. Sorry, Bee.", he said and walked up to me.

"Uh, hey.", He said.

I didn't answer, but hugged him instead. He seemed startled at first, but then hugged back.

"Hey Bayanidood.", I said into his chest.

"Hi, Melanie.", he said. This wasn't akward. This was so comfortable. His touch was electric, and his hugs just felt right.

We all got into a taxi van and drove to the Cube house. My best friend on my left, my love on my right.

Life is great.