seventeen

[edited]

M E L ' S P O V

"So, are we still going on this date?", I asked.

"Of course! Now, let's go!", he exclaimed and took my hand.

I shrieked as he pulled us out the door.

"Zach! I didn't have to be pulled out!", I said, laughing.

"Oh, whatever.", he said.

We took the stairs all the way down. But the time we got to his car, I was out of breath.

"Why do you have to live on the 5th floor?", I huffed.

"Because the top floor is always the coolest!", he said, also puffed.

"You are so out of shape.", I said jokingly, poking his stomach.

"Oh, like you have abs!", he said sarcastically, poking me back. He was right, all there was was a bunch of jiggly skin.

"C'mon, let's just leave. Where are you taking me, anyway?", I asked.

"The legendary Joint, of course!", he exclaimed, and started driving out of the parking lot.

"Oh my gosh. The Joint!?", I asked, putting emphasis on 'the'.

"Yep!"

-

It didn't take long to get there. Before I realized it, we were pulled into a parking space in front of the restaurant. Next to us was a familiar-looking black car. But whose could it be?

"Zach? That car looks familiar. Whose could it be?", I asked, probably sounding crazy.

"It may look familiar, but it's probably not the same car it reminds you of.", he said, and we walked through the doors.

"Yeah, you're right..."

We walked inside the diner and found a spot.

We began to order and talk about random things, and we got on the subject of cats.

"So, how's Ariel and Jas?", he asked.

"About that, when I came home from PAX and went to the neighbors to get them, they said the girls had run away.", I said.

"Oh my gosh. So, they're still missing?"

"Yes. I had called Jamie over because I was a wreck, and she told me they would return on their own."

"Well that's good."

We continued to chat until our food got here. We were eating, making silly faces at each other with full cheeks. I guess I made a face that was too funny because Zach spat his food all over me and couldn't stop laughing. I was trying to seem mad, but it was my fault anyway and the situation was just too hilarious.

"Zach! Now I have French toast and pizza all over me. This is disgusting. I'll be back, I've gotta go clean up.", I said getting up.

"Okay, I'm buying ice cream to make up for it!", he said.

I smiled and headed for the restroom. On my way there, I was glancing at each booth, seeing if I saw someone familiar who maybe owned the car. I saw a blonde-headed guy and a brunette girl sitting with each other. Could it really be them? No, he lives in Seattle and she lives in Australia.

But sure enough, I heard her Aussie accent and his laid back voice. What was I going to do? They would see me next time, and I couldn't just ignore them!

I cleaned up and walked back. I decided to walk over to them before making my way back to Zach.

I was going to try my best to stay kind and not kill Bee. But I shouldn't have to strangle her, she got what she wanted and I had Zach, and he was all I needed.

I slid into Bee's side of the booth and smile at her.

"Hey, you lovebirds! I didn't expect to see you in Toronto!", I said cheerily.

"I didn't expect you to be here, either. Don't you live in LA?", Jordan asked slowly.

"Yep!", I said.

"Then what are you doing in Canada?", Bee snapped. Is she still going to be like this? She has what she wants, why is she still being rude?

"Some things happened in LA and I needed to come visit Zach. He's right over there, I'll bring him over!", I said, pointing in his direction.

I walked back to Zach.

"Hey, Jordan and Bee are here! Do you want to go say hi?", I asked.

"Sure! Are you good with it, though?", he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yea, I think I'm fine. I already talked to them, actually. Bee still had an attitude, but I don't think that'll ever change.", I said, chuckling.

We walked over and Bee slid in next to Jordan so Zach and I got on the other side.

"So, what are you guys doing here?", Zach asked.

"I was visiting family and brought Bee along.", Jordan explained, holding Bee's hand. I wasn't jealous, they have both called me a slut at some point and I had Zach.

"Ah. I see.", Zach said. He glanced at me and I nodded. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, and I squeezed back. Both Jordan and Bee raised their eyebrows, and Jordan's dropped a little.

"So you guys are a, a thing?", Jordan asked.

"Yep, we were actually having our first date, but it abruptly ended when Zach decided to spit his food all over me.", I said jokingly, shooting Zach a kidful glare.

"That was you? You looked disgusting!", Bee exclaimed. Well, I guess she could've said something meaner.

I laughed and replied, "Yea, I know. French toast and pizza is not cute. It won't be trending any time soon." Everyone laughed, and we just continued talking. Zach went to go to the bathroom and Bee went to start their car so she could charge her phone. So it was just me, Jordan, and the crickets.

"So, Melanie...", Jordan started.

"Yeah, Jordan?", I said.

"I uh, I miss you. Will you take me back?", he asked.

My jaw dropped and hit the floor. I didn't know what to say, I was speechless. Luckily, Zach heard and gave him a few words.

"She doesn't want you back, you son of a bitch.", he yelled and punched him in the face.

I didn't know if I should've been thanking Zach or screaming at him.