.Chapter Thirteen.

Dr. Flynn screamed as he fell to the ground. Olivia's aim was off because it wasn't with her dominant hand, but she did manage to shoot him in the leg.

"Bella, grab the gun!" Olivia cried, weakly, but Bella heard her. She quickly grabbed her father's gun and aimed it at William.

"Call an ambulance, now. Don't you dare try and get this from me." She spat. Bella kept the gun in one hand as William called an ambulance, and she worked at untying her husband with her free hand. Once Ellliot's hands were untied, he quickly slipped the rope from his ankles before standing and wrapping his arms around his wife.

He was crying still, and he cried even harder as he felt his wife's swollen stomach against his body, and how fast Bella's heart was beating.

"I'm so sorry, Elliot." Bella whimpered, and Elliot just shook his head.

"It's okay, baby. It's okay." He whispered. He was so caught up in being alive and being able to hold Bella in his arms, that he forget about Olivia.

Olivia had moved over and was leaning against her car, before slipping down the side of it as her legs gave out. She reached her other hand up to her arm and pressed her fingers against the bullet hole, and she swore as she felt how horrible pressure felt.

"Oh shit, Olivia!" Elliot yelled when he remembered his girlfriend had been shot trying to save him. He and Bella quickly ran over to where Olivia was slumped over.

"Are you okay?" Elliot breathed, as he sank down in front of her, and took over applying pressure to the bullet wound.

"I'm losing a lot of blood." She whimpered, as she reached her good hand into her pocket. She awkwardly pulled out her handcuffs and tossed them to Bella.

"Someone has to cuff your dad. And I have to get to the hospital before I bleed out." Olivia mumbled. She had seen the way Elliot held Bella once he was free, and she was wondering if this all was going to lead to them getting back together. 

"Bella sit down here and apply firm and even pressure to her wound, alright? I'll go cuff him. Liv, those sirens are coming down here, I promise. Just hang in there."

*=*

The crew came down and arrested Dr. Flynn and took him to the hospital. He had barely been shot, which was nothing compared to Olivia.

As the ambulance raced to the hospital, they had to pump her full of fluids and try to get the bleeding to stop but they were having a horrible time getting that to happen.

Once at the hospital, Olivia was rushed to emergency surgery, because the doctors were concerned that the bullet had traveled through her shoulder and possibly closer to her spine. It just depended on the angle that Dr. Flynn had shot her.

Elliot drove Olivia's car up to the hospital, with Bella in the passenger seat. He was very anxious about what was going to happen to Liv.

"Why did you go with my Dad?" Bella asked as she held Elliot's hand. He looked over at her and frowned.

"Because I didn't want Olivia to get hurt, but look at what happened." Elliot huffed. He turned into the hospital parking lot before looking over at Bella. She looked absolutely exhausted.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Elliot asked, and Bella shook her head.

"It's too far away. What if something happens and we can't get back here quick enough?" Bella frowned.

"You need sleep. Let me take you back to Liv's or something." He replied.

"What is going to happen, Elliot? Because after tonight, after seeing you almost get killed, makes me want to give us another shot." Bella breathed. Elliot felt his chest tighten a bit. He was feeling like giving them another shot too, but he had broken Olivia's heart too many times and he couldn't do that again. Not now. Not after she put her life on the line to save him.

"She took a bullet for me... she tried to get your father to not shoot me, and he shot her instead. I don't think I can just break up with her again." He breathed, as he reached over and brushed Bella's soft brown hair away from her neck.

"Oh, okay." She breathed. She opened the door and climbed out, as her heart started to ache and she felt disappointed. But that's when she started to realize that she really can't get everything she wants.

*=*

Olivia woke up, and she couldn't move at all without wanting to die. Her body ached horribly, and all she wanted to do was go back to sleep so she wouldn't have to feel any of the pain that comes with early recovery.

"You're awake." Elliot breathed, his voice deep and raspy from sleep.

"I wish I wasn't." She whispered as she let her head slowly roll over to face the man she didn't know was her boyfriend anymore or not.

"They had to lower your dosage of pain meds because you broke out in hives..." Elliot sighed, as he leaned forward and gently touched Olivia's leg. She looked at him, but she noticed he was avoiding her eyes.

"Are you getting back together with Bella?" Olivia asked, her voice growing weaker.

"I can't do that to you again, Liv."

"But you want to." She frowned.

"I had a gun to my head. Feelings change, thoughts change, love strengthens." Elliot breathed, as he finally looked at Olivia. He saw the tears that had welled in her eyes, and he could tell she was done with him for good if he ended it again.

"So, let me get this right, Stabler. Your feelings towards me changed. You do not love me as you did. The fight we had, the one that really stoked the fire we have, doesn't matter. You no longer want to be my boyfriend. You no longer want to help me deal with the fact I won't be a mother. The love you have for Bella is real. You want to be with her because you almost died. You don't want to be with me, because we were in love and because I almost died for you. If you are breaking up with me again, just do it and get out. Get all of your stuff from my apartment and leave me the hell alone. Life is hard enough as it is, and I don't need this fucking drama. I don't need you to continue to pick Bella then want me out of the blue when I've started to feel like myself again." Olivia sighed.

"Liv-"

"No! What is it, Elliot? Because I'm still in love with you and that will never change. You have my heart, and no other man can come close to the way I feel about. So please, just tell me. Don't let me down easy. Don't sugar coat it. Just do it!" Olivia yelled.

"In 5 short months, I'm going to be a father and I want you to be my wife." 

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D