.Chapter Three.

The next morning, Olivia stumbled into work. She kept her head down and she tried to not look at a light directly. She was hung over and after dinner last night she didn't even want to be at work.

"Hey, how are you?" Elliot smiled, as Olivia sank into her seat. She looked up at him and squinted and he laughed.

"Hungover?" He questioned, and she pressed a finger to her lips and he laughed.

"Okay, I'll keep my voice down. Why don't you go get some coffee or-"

"Benson! Stabler! We have a body that was just fished from the Hudson. Head on down there and check it out!" Cragen yelled. Olivia ran from the room and got sick in the bathroom before heading out. Elliot handed her her items, before gently touching her back.

"Why don't we go get you some tea and some medicine. Okay?"

"Okay."

*=*

Olivia had to wear Elliot's baseball cap because all of the light was bothering her and she was really hating the sounds of the city at the moment.

"Olivia. Elliot." Melinda spoke, as they approached where she was squatting next to a body covered in a blue sheet.

"What do we have?" Elliot asked, his voice very quiet to try and prevent Olivia from any further pain.

"25-year-old female with blunt head trauma and a heart carved into her chest." She replied, and Elliot frowned.

"I'm assuming that nothing was found with her that could help us in identifying her?" Elliot questioned.

"Nope. I'll call when I get anything from her. I'll check for hairs and fluids, but she's probably been in the river for at least a week and I'm assuming it's all washed away."

Olivia and Elliot walked away from the scene and Elliot looked at Olivia.

"Want to get some breakfast or something?" He asked, and Olivia stopped and looked at him.

"I threw up this morning because I feel like my head is going to explode. No food. Just tea and possibly a mint or something. Thanks though."

*=*

Throughout the day, Olivia recovered from her hangover. She was still feeling shitty, but she didn't have to avoid lights and loud sounds anymore. She tried her hardest to participate in working the case, but none of them really knew where to start. Decomp had started and trying to work back from what they had was hard.

"Alright, keep your phones on tonight. I'll call you if we find out anything about our vic." Cragen spoke at the end of the day. He watched as his detectives stood and walked out.

"How are you feeling, partner?" Elliot asked, and Olivia shrugged.

"Not as bad, but not great though," She replied. Elliot watched her as she requested the elevator, before biting his lip.

"Yesterday at dinner did Bella say anything to you when I got the car? You seemed really upset or uncomfortable." He spoke, and Olivia drew in a sharp breath. She really didn't want to address last night again, because she had gotten so drunk when she got home that anything beforehand was just blurry and sort of annoying.

"El, it's okay. It doesn't matter. And anyway, maybe keep your wife from asking me to join you two for dinner?"

"Why? I thought you had fun." He frowned.

"I was a third wheel, El. You two were kissing and being all romantic and stuff and I was sitting there trying not to order wine, but I did anyway." She sighed.

"You could've told us, Liv. We would've stopped. I'm sorry." Elliot spoke before they walked into the elevator together. Olivia hit the button for the bottom floor, and as they started to go down, the elevator shook a bit and the power went out.

"Shit." Both huffed, as the elevator stopped moving altogether.

*=*

Olivia and Elliot sat on either side of the elevator as they waited for it to start moving again. Olivia hated that it had to happen. She didn't want to be stuck in an elevator for god knows how long with the man she loves. She didn't like how awkward it was from the moment the power went off, which was nearly an hour ago.

"Did you tell anyone?" Elliot asked as he flipped his handcuffs around.

"Tell anyone what?" Olivia sighed, as she ran her hands through her hair.

"That you are depressed." He replied.

"I'm not depressed, Elliot. I was just upset. I've been upset for a bit, and now I'm okay. So drop it."

"Why are you upset?" He questioned. Olivia hated that he couldn't just shut up.

"It-"

"It does matter, Olivia. You are my best friend and I want to make sure you are okay."

"Do you really want to know? Or is this just you trying to pass the time?"

"Both." He replied.

"There are many reasons. One is that your wife thinks I'm a lesbian." Olivia spoke, and Elliot sighed.

"Sorry about that. I don't know why she thought that."

"I wore a suit to your wedding, but she didn't know you asked me to. And then maybe it's because I couldn't even get a fucking date to your wedding. God. No one likes me." Olivia mumbled the last bit because it was all hitting her again. She wanted Elliot, not any other man in this world. She only wanted him but that will never ever happen.

"Liv, some guy out there is feeling like there is no hope, but then he'll meet you and everything will be better because you two will be meant to be."

"Elliot, I'm in love with a guy, but he doesn't know," Olivia spoke, as she took the plunge. 

"You do?!" He questioned, surprised.

"Yeah..."

"Who?"

"I'm not telling you that," Olivia spoke, as she stood and started to pace the dark elevator.

"Why not? We are best friends."

"Are we really?" She asked, and Elliot sighed.

"Come on, Liv. Stop being difficult. Just tell me!" Elliot exclaimed, as he stood and started to pace too.

"You won't like who it is," Olivia whispered.

"Is it Cassidy?" He breathed, as he grabbed her arms and stopped her from moving. She looked up at him, and he pulled her closer so they could see each other. Elliot could see the tears in Olivia's eyes, and as the lights turned back on, Olivia whispered.

"I'm in love with you."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D