.Chapter Four.

Elliot's eyes went wide as the ding of the elevator sounded. Olivia walked out of the door and he just stood there.

Olivia loves him? How can that even be? 

He could only think about how she was too good for him. How she was too good for everyone. But the reason why no guy was ever good enough for her, was because she only had eyes for one man, and that's him.

"Olivia!" Elliot yelled, as he finally unfroze. He went sprinting out of the elevator and towards the stairs. They hadn't even made it to the bottom floor so he was hoping to catch her before she leaves for the night.

By the time Elliot had gotten downstairs and outside, Olivia was pulling away in her car. She wasn't going to stop driving until she reached her apartment, because she didn't want to risk seeing Elliot and what he thought in regards to how she just told him that she loves him.

*=*

Olivia locked herself in her apartment and started to watch a movie. She didn't even go near her wine, because all she could care about was not getting as drunk as she had been the night before.

It wasn't long before Elliot started to pound on her apartment door, as water dripped from his clothing and ran down from his hair and onto his forehead.

"Olivia, please open up!" Elliot begged as he continued to knock. It got to the point where he stepped back and was preparing himself to kick the door in, but then Olivia opened it and looked at him.

"Please leave." She spoke, and he shook his head.

"You said you loved me. I want to make sure you don't have a fever or something!"

"My temperature is perfect, Elliot. I told you that you are the one I love. That is that. Now please leave."

"Why me?"

"Why you? What?" Olivia questioned.

"Why do you love me? Why did you just now tell me? Why not after I divorced Kathy?" Elliot questioned, and Olivia sighed.

"You are with Bella. She is young and full of life. Like she literally has another life inside of her. Why don't you forget what I said and be with your wife." Olivia spoke. She stepped back and went to shut the door, but Elliot caught it with his foot.

"No."

"No what? Can't you just go?" She huffed, as she started to get annoyed. She was wishing that she hadn't told Elliot, because she should've known that this would happen. That Elliot would come over here and try to get some different answer out of her.

"You said you love me. Love or loved?"

"Uh..." Olivia started to struggle for answers. She couldn't decide if she should just lie so that Elliot would think that she once had a crush on him, or test the waters to see if he loved her too.

"Don't lie..." He breathed.

"I love you, Elliot. I meant what I said. I love you. I'm jealous of what you have with Bella, but I don't blame you for wanting to be with her. She can give you children for many years to come and she's beautiful. And I'm just your partner. I'm old and the years of working as a detective have made me look older. And don't say that I don't. It's the reason why I can't get nor keep a man."

"You are beautiful, Liv..." Elliot whispered. Olivia looked at him and was shocked by his words.

"I am? What? Are you going blind?" She questioned.

"No. I'm not." He whispered. He stepped closer and gently ran his fingers through her hair. He gripped it in his hand and gently pulled her closer.

Their breaths mingled and Olivia started to feel her heart beat hard in her chest.

"Elliot," Olivia whispered.

"Shh." He spoke. Elliot leaned in and went to kiss Olivia, but she turned her head and his lips brushed against her cheek.

"We can't do this."

"I thought you said you loved me... I-"

"You are going to be a Dad. You are married. I can't do that. You are so in love with Bella. Please leave."

"Okay," Elliot spoke, as he finally got the message. Olivia walked over and slammed the door. She ran her hands through her hair before sighing deeply.

This had to happen right now.

*=*

Elliot sat in his car for so long, that Bella thought he didn't even get home. He was just thinking. He was thinking about how he tried to kiss Olivia. He was so willing to just throw everything away to just feel her lips against his.

She said she loves him, and Elliot loves her. But he's married and he's going to be a father. Olivia was wrong when it came to her looks. She was just as beautiful as the day he met her, even more. And she's only 35, two years younger than him, and if they had wanted, they could have kids.

He could make her so happy, but not right now. Not when Bella is pregnant.

"Why are you sitting out here, baby?" Bella asked as she climbed into the passenger seat of the of Elliot's car.

"Oh, I was just thinking. How are you tonight?" He asked.

"I'm good. Why are you so late?" She questioned, and Elliot sighed as he thought about the reason behind why he was really so late.

"Olivia and I got stuck in the elevator. The power went out and we were stuck in there for an hour, and then I wanted to make sure she got food. She was a little hungover this morning." Elliot spoke, and Bella smiled.

"You are amazing. Well, since I'm in here, why don't we go get some dinner." She smiled.

"Bell, we need to cut down on take out. Why don't I make dinner? Something quick but cheap."

"Oh, okay." She huffed a bit before climbing out of the car. Elliot watched as she became so dramatic as she walked back towards the house.

And as Elliot sat there, thinking for one last moment, he realized that he pretty much married a child. She was still so immature, and no matter how much he loves her, Olivia was on his mind the whole night. Not his wife.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D