Chapter 6 : After-Party Showdowns

Start from the beginning

She walked up to the rest of the girls and bid them all goodbye. I was sad to see her go as well! In the limited time that I'd known her, I'd grown fond of her.

Vibha walked up to me, and took me slightly by surprise when she hugged me. It took me a few moments to respond, but I eventually returned the hug with a smile on my face.

As she hugged me, she whispered in my ears. "Watch over him...I know you're the only one who can..."

Her words confused me a great deal! Watch over Manik?! Did she honestly think anyone could control that baffling human being?!

I just nodded silently to give her peace of mind. She let go of me, and went and stood next to Raghav.

"Vibha, it was a pleasure to have you on the show! I'm sure all the girls as well as Manik will miss you! Do you have anything to say before you leave?" Raghav, asked.

"Yes, Raghav. I just want to say that it was an awesome experience shooting for the show. Besides that, I got to meet a few amazing people here! So, thanks for having me! I want to wish everyone luck, including Manik! Manik, I hope you find your true love on the show..." She said with a bright smile on her face.

I scoffed as I heard her speak. It was extremely difficult to believe that Manik was capable of loving anyone! Everything just seemed like a game to him!

Vibha waved to the cameras as she exited the ballroom.

My attention shifted back to Raghav as I heard his voice once more. "So, the competition is heating up after that interesting elimination round. Let's see what the next few days have in store for us...keep watching 'The Bachelor'-powered by Veet!"

"And that's a wrap!" The director screamed in order to alert the technicians that the shoot was complete.

The girls had started moving back to their rooms without waiting for me. Honestly, I understood the reason for their animosity towards me!

And there was only one person who was to be blamed for it! Manik Malhotra!

I had to set him straight right at this instant! I kept the rose aside on the table as I prepared myself for the confrontation.

When all the girls had exited, I immediately marched up to Manik and said. "I need to talk to you!"

Before he could answer, I dragged him away from his position rather violently.

I walked out of the ballroom and pulled him to a slightly remote corner, so that no one would interrupt us.

When I finally let go of his arm and turned around to face him, I saw an arrogant smirk on his face with his eyebrows dancing in amusement.

"You know, you're quite strong for such a small person..." He said, chuckling slightly.

His statement succeeded in aggravating my mood!

"Listen, Mr. Manik Malhotra! I know what you're up to and let me tell you, I'm not going to let you get away with it!" I said, pointing my finger at him in order to warn him that I was serious.

"Really? And what is it...that you think I'm doing?" He asked, coming closer, and tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ears, making my skin burn at his touch, once again.

What was with this guy?! He had some serious issues maintaining boundaries!

I immediately pushed him away with a jerk and said. "You're using me to make Alya jealous! And let me tell you, it's not going to work! How twisted are you? I told you the truth about my boyfriend and you did something to purposely screw up my relationship! You can't just kiss me like that..."