Chapter Twenty-four

Start from the beginning

"So, you're a natural," I told him starting the game.

"At many things," he implied.

"What's up with you today?" I snapped back, focusing on the game before me but not preventing the shiver that ran down my spine.

"What do you mean?"

"You keep throwing hints at me as if I'm supposed to let you fuck me on the pool table," I muttered, shedding him a quick look over my shoulder.

"The air hockey table is also good," he muttered back and I turned fully to look at him.

"Hunter!"

He laughed at me and lowered to blow a kiss on my cheek.

"There's nothing 'up with me'. You just keep giving me openings and I can't help myself". I saw him bite his lip as he realized his own words. I just shook my head.

After playing we went to get something to eat and as the sun started to set, we were on our way back. Since we still had a few hours to kill we decided to hang at Hunter's. He warned me though, that it was his father's poker night and there would be some other people there too. Honestly, after coming out to all of his family and his friends, I didn't have that much of an issue with doing it anymore.

According to Hunter, there would be seven people there, excluding Aaron. As soon as the door opened, an ecstatic Philip greeted us, barking and tugging on our legs. I reached down, cooing at how big he had gotten. It seemed like it was yesterday went they had gotten him, but two months had almost passed.

"Hunter, you're back already?" Aaron called from the living room.

"Yeah, we got tired and decided to come over here," Hunter replied and we walked towards the voices.

"... almost four months ago. Yeah, he's very happy about it," Aaron was saying when we walked in. My eyes met brown ones and I could have sworn my heart stopped.

"Aunt Claire?!" I exclaimed, seeing my Aunt sitting next to Aaron, holding a few cards.

"Alex?" she asked back and immediately stood up.

"You... know each other?" Hunter slowly asked, as if it wasn't obvious. I walked back until my back hit the wall.

"Dad doesn't know," the words slipped past my lips before I could control myself and I started hyperventilating.

"Hey... hey, Alex. I won't tell him. I won't tell anyone. Calm down," my Aunt told me walking closer to me. Behind her, I saw Aaron stand up and take a few steps to us. Everyone else was just staring, while Hunter was standing right beside me, his hand on my shoulder. "I know how my brother is. I won't tell him," she assured me once again.

"How is your brother?" a man with long blonde hair asked. His biceps were the size of my head, and I found myself pretty scared of him.

"That's Anton Sinclair. He used to be an M.M.A fighter," Hunter said through our bond. "Next to him, the girl with the black hair is Azalea Morris, an Olympic figure skater and the girl next to her is -"

"Lorelei Williams, the swimmer," I cut him off recognizing the woman with the blonde hair and broad shoulders. Yeah, I had seen her on the television before.

"Then you have, Holden Bradley, who is a criminal lawyer, Jonas Hendricks, who is a federal judge, and Jaelyn Martins, your Aunt's partner".

I knew Jaelyn as Jae, having met her many times before. She had been my Aunt's partner for the better part of seven years. She had dark brown curly hair and darker skin which showed her mixed heritage. Aunt Clair looked like me, sharp cheekbones and brown eyes, but her hair was golden brown and less curly than mine.