Chapter 26: Unwanted Birthday

"Happy Birthday!" The whole gang shouts as they see me walking to my locker. I chuckle and shake my head in amusement, "Thanks" I reply turning to face my locker so I can change my books. "So how does it feel to be seventeen?" Riley asks with a wide smile as she leans against the locker beside mine. I shrug "Tiring although I'm sure that's because of the baby and not being seventeen" I joke making her chuckle.

"Can you see that I have a baby bump?" I ask turning to my side so they could see. Some of my clothes already started being a little tight for me which caused me to have a meltdown this morning. I go so worried that everyone would notice and I'd get called out as a slut. "No" they all answer making me let out a breath of relief, wearing a dress would be my only solution for a few months until I actually start to pop. "How about now?" I ask placing my hand on my stomach, their eyes widen and I laugh. You could definitely tell that I gained some weight but everyone would just think I got fat.

"How far are you?" Farkle questions as we walk to class. "11 weeks today" I reply with a smile, "That means technically your baby is the size of a lime" he admit making my brows furrow "Health class" he explains making me nod, "Right, I didn't think you'd be the person comparing the baby with fruits" I laugh before taking my seat.

~🍼~

"So what are we going to do to celebrate?" Riley asks placing her head in her hands as she looks at me expectantly, "Well it's Friday so I'm going to spend the night at yours and spend some quality time with your family, you and Josh" I explain with a shrug. Her smile falls and she leans back "Are you serious?" She questions shocked "You're seventeen and were just having a family night?" I nod.

"Riles I don't want something big, I want to relax and have a calm night without any drama" I argue. "Okay" she breathes out before biting her lip.

~🍼~

"Riles she's going to kill you" I warn watching my niece and her friends decorate the loft as fast as they could. "No she's going to love me" she argues trying to set up a banner that say 'Happy Birthday'.

"Fine but this is all your idea" she groans but nods "Okay don't be a part of this I don't care" I sigh and sit on the bench at the table watching everyone do their task on setting up a last minute party. Maya is going to hate this, I knew she wanted to spend a quiet evening with the people she loved. She didn't want a party where she would be the center of attention, especially when her baby bump was finally starting to show.

"Riles next time text me don't come in running and yelling 'we need soda'" Topanga groans as she walks in the loft with bags of soda. I chuckle and shake my head before heading back to my old room. I stand in the middle of it as an idea start to pop in my head. "She's going to hate the party so she's going to want an escape" I murmur before a smirk plays on my lip.

I quickly set up my old room, making sure whatever I do is stable and looks perfect. After a few minutes I'm finally done, I take a few steps back and smile at my work. I decide to go back downstairs since I can't really do much in my room. Once my eyes land on the living room my eyes widen and my lips part in shock.

Light grey and blue balloons were everywhere, presents were already placed on the coffee table, the dinning table had bowls of snacks. Fairy lights were placed almost everywhere, people I don't even know are here and the living room didn't look like a living room anymore.

"What did you do?" I ask Riley as she walks in front of me, she turns and smirks "Magic" she says simply before walking away. "She'll be here in a few minutes so get ready to hide" she adds before placing another set of present on the table.

Maya is going to freak out, that's for sure. Suddenly her voice is heard through the machine and everyone scurries to hide. Riley buzzes her in and I decide to hide behind the door. Seconds later she opens the door causing everyone to jump out of their hidding stop yelling "Happy Birthday!". Her eyes widen and she takes a step back clearly surprised, she blinks a few times unsure of what to do. "Thank you" she laughs although I know that laugh. That's Maya's I'm going to kill someone laugh, Riley is dead.

I go in front of her and pull her in my arms. "All Riley" I whisper "I had nothing to do with this" I add as I pull away. She nods and quickly leans forwards for a peck before hugging everyone else. When she gets to Riley she tightens her grip and whispers what I believe to be "You're dead" causing the brunette's eyes to widen.

~🍼~

I didn't want a party! The only thing I asked for was a simple night doing family games or something. Of course Riley had to go behind my back and do exactly what I didn't want. "How are you holding up?" Josh asks with a smile as he walks over to me, hugging from behind as he wraps his arms around my waist. "If I'm next to Riley I'll kill her so I'm staying as far as possible" he chuckles and I sigh "Why didn't you stop her?" I ask turning my head to look at him. "You don't think I tried?" He asks "You know how Riles is" I nod. When that girl has something in mind, nobody can stop her from doing anything.

"Which is why I set up something for us upstairs when this is over" he smirks kissing my cheek. I raise my brow but he shrugs. "You'll have to wait and see" he winks.

~🍼~

The party finally ends and I couldn't be more thankful. Socializing with people who only talk to you to be nice because it's your birthday, started getting on my nerves. Although this means that I have to deal with Riley now, well I can deal with her tomorrow, I just want to hang out with Josh.

"Maya" she tries as I walk up the stairs. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before turning to face her. "Do you want to open your presents?" She softly asks but I scoff. "Really Riley?!" I shout "Presents are my last concern right now" I admit taking another step up.

"I'm sorry" she apologises "I just thought you should've had one last night of fun before you had your baby" she admit making me even angrier. "Do you think a party is fun for me?!" I question "If you really think that hanging out with people I don't even really like is fun to me then you really don't know me" I shout before making my way to Josh's old room. I open the door and gasp when I find Josh inside a fort made with blankets. I let out a soft laugh gazing at the cosy fort that have fairy lights hanging around before looking at Josh who has a grin on his lips. "I thought you'd like cuddling in here whilst watching your favourite movie" I vigoursly nod and close the door behind myself before getting inside and wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love it" I admit "Let me just change into my pyjamas and we can start" he nods and I quickly scurry to Riley's room where I left my duffel bag. Luckily she's not in her room but downstairs cleaning up the mess the others left. I sigh and decide to change in Josh's room.

"I'm going to change here" he nods and I walk over to his dresser to change. With the blankets hanging around he can't see me but even if he could I wouldn't mind, he's already seen everything. I quickly strip off my shirt and bra before slipping on one of Josh's sweatshirts. I kick off my leggings and slip on some night shorts before crawling back in the fort with a smile.

He opens his arms making me giggle as I snuggle against me. He starts the movie making a smile pull at my lips, this was exactly what I wanted.

"Thank you" I whisper enjoying how his fingers run through my hair. "You're the only one who understood what I wanted" I admit looking back up at him to find him already gazing down at me lovingly. "Anything for my baby girl" he whispers leaning down to leave a soft kiss on my lips. "I love you" I murmur wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love you too" he says before deepening the kiss.

________________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Cry coz school's about to start again

-Mel❤