Chapter 10: All of us

11.19.17

Maya's Pov
Waking up the next is horrible. It starts off with me throwing up and accidentally waking up Everleigh since she slept in my room last night. It continued with me having a quick pep-talk with her saying that I'm mad at mom and dad and that I'm going to sneak through my window to go to Riley's, unfortunately it ended with her saying that she's mad at them as well for treating me this way and she wants to go with me, meaning we'll have to use the front door.

We both quickly parted, me going to my bathroom to take a shower and get ready whilst Evs went to her room to get ready. After a few minutes she came back to my room wearing some jeans and a sweater since it's November and it's chilly. I settle with some leggings and Josh's sweatshirt, deciding to go against wearing jeans since they were more tight and less comfortable.

"Can you do my hair?" She asks making me look at her as I continue to run my brush through my stubborn locks. "Yes sweety" She smiles and sits on my bed whilst I quickly finish running the brush through my hair.

"What should we do with your hair today?" I ask walking to her before running my brush through her hair.

"Pigtails" she exclaims making me chuckle. "Pigtails it is then" I smile before hearing my phone vibrate on my bed.

I walk towards it and see that Josh sent me a message.

Boing 💙: Good morning baby, hope you slept well. I was wondering if you were coming today, are you?

"Who is it?" Everleigh asks making me look up from my phone to look at her. "Josh" I say causing a smile to pull at her lips. I quickly type an answer saying that Evs and I were getting ready to leave and that we'll see him in a few seconds. I put my phone back on my nightstand before finishing Everleigh's hair.

"There you go" I say taking a few steps back to look at her "Thank you" She says making me wave her off "Anytime little sis, now go put some shoes on we gotta go" She nods and quickly rushes back to her room.

She come back a few seconds later wearing her sneakers and I take her hand leading her out of my room once more. We make it to the foyer without being noticed by my parents, until they hear the door open.

"Maya" I close my eyes and bite my lip as I turn my body, I open my eyes and see my mom standing in front of me with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Where do you think you're going?" She questions "with Everleigh" She adds glancing down to my little sister.

"Matthew's" I shrug turning back around to walk out of the apartment but of course she stops me once more. "Who gave you permission to leave?" She asks making my eyebrows furrow.

"Since when do I need permission to go to Riley's?" I question making my mom roll her eyes "You're not going there to see Riley" she says matter of factly, this time I'm the one who rolls my eyes.

"I'm going there to see everyone who lives there" I reply crossing my arms over my chest.

"Maya I don't want you to see him" She says taking me aback. "What?" She can't be serious.

"I don't want you to be spending time with a boy who only wants you for one thing, now that he's got what he wanted and got you knocked up, he's not going to care about you anymore" She says making me scoff.

"You can't tell me what to do!" I shout before turning around to leave. "I am you're mother Maya!" She shouts back but I ignore her and continue walking with Everleigh following me.

~🍼~

Josh's Pov
When I decided to tell Cory I knew he'd be disappointed and shocked but I never expected him to have a mental breakdown and shut off. He didn't cry if that's what you think, no he just stared at me in shock for about 5 minutes until Topanga told me he's still processing everything that came out of my mouth, saying that his brain 'shuts off' when it's too much to handle.

"How long will he stay like that for?" I ask glancing back at Topanga, she shrugs "The longest he stayed like that for was 20 minutes" She says before the front door slams open and a crying Maya walks in with Everleigh following behind.

"Maya" I say standing up, she holds her arms open and I immediately pull her in my arms. "What happened baby?" I ask stroking her hair as her grip around me tightens.

"Mommy was not happy with Maya" Everleigh says before rushing to hug Topanga.

"Oh Maya" I kiss the top of her head and continue rubbing her back comfortably, "It's okay" I assure her.

"She said I couldn't see you anymore" She says making my eyes widen "What?" I exclaim pulling away slightly "She thinks that now that you've gotten you're way with me and knocked me up you couldn't possibly care about me anymore" She adds making my heart break.

How could she think that? But how could she not, her mom got pregnant with Maya at a young age and Maya's father left her. It made sense that she thinks I would do the same. Except what she doesn't understand is that all men aren't the same.

"I'll have a talk with her" Topanga says placing Everleigh on the ground before walking towards us.

"Don't worry Maya, you're mom just needs to understand that Josh isn't going to leave you" She says making Maya nod "thanks" She says before pulling Maya in for a hug.

I smile and look behind me seeing Everleigh wave her hand in front of Cory trying to wake him up from his shut down, causing a soft laugh to fall from my lips.

"What's wrong with him?" She questions "I told him Maya was pregnant" I explain making her eyebrows furrow.

"Let me guess his brain shut off" Maya says making Topanga nod.

~🍼~

"Okay" Topanga says coming down from the stairs, her eyes still glued to her phone. "I scheduled a doctor's appointment for you tomorrow" She smiles looking up from her phone as I look at Maya.

She nods and looks back at the Tv making me look at Riley. We spent the rest of the day cuddling and watching movies, Riley even joined us when she came back from her morning date with Lucas.

"What's wrong peaches?" Riley asks making Maya sigh. "I just wish my mom wasn't so mad, I always thought she'd be present during my first baby appointment" She explains making my heart break.

"But you'll have us" Riley says making me smile "It's true" I say making her look at me "I'll be there, Riley will be there, Topanga is definitely going to come" I say making a soft smile pull at her lips.

"I wanna come" Everleigh says appearing out of nowhere.

"See" I say making soft laugh tumble from her lips.

"Even though you're mom is mad at you, you still have all of us" She smiles and nods.

"Thank you" She says looking around the room, "You guys are the best" she adds pulling me and Riley in for a hug.

______________________________
If you liked this chapter you know what to do. Vote! Comment down below your thoughts and opinions!

Or...

Spread happiness!

-Mel❤