Chapter 15: Amy

Maya's Pov

I bite my lip as I watch Josh and his mom laugh in the kitchen. He was always so close to his mom, he is her last child and he means everything to her. I'm not sure how she'll take the news but what I'm hopping is that she doesn't disown him. If she did I wouldn't be able to handle it. It'd be my fault that Josh lost his relationship with his parents.

"Maya dear" I look up and see Amy looking at me worriedly "Are you okay?" She asks making me nod. "She's not really feeling well" Josh explains taking a seat behind me, at the round table in the kitchen. "Oh what's wrong sweety?" She questions sitting in front of me.

"I think it's best if we wait for dad" Josh say causing his mom's brows to furrow. Josh places his hand on my thigh and I grab his hand intertwining our fingers together.

"Josh, honey, please tell me everything is alright" she says looking at her son wearily, "Everything's alright mom" Josh assures her, causing her to get more confused.

"Is it something serious?" She question making me nod. "Please tell me you didn't get her pregnant" my eyes slightly widen and I immediately look down, avoiding eye contact with the woman.

"Josh" she presses after we stay silent for a while "Please tell me you did not get Maya pregnant" she says making me bite my lip. Josh squeezes my hand and takes a deep breath "I can't tell you that because Maya is pregnant" he admit.

"Excuse me?!" She shouts making me clench my eyes shut. Here we go. "Joshua this must be a joke!" She shouts.

"It's not" Josh shakes his head "I can't believe this" she says standing up from her chair and starts pacing around "You're getting an abortion right?" She asks making me look up at her in shock. "What no" I shake my head "You two are too young to be parents!" She yells "You'll ruin that baby's life" She shouts taking me aback.

"It's better than not giving it a chance" I mutter before standing up and going to Josh's old room. I slam the door shut and collapse on the floor as tears fall down my face. "Maya" Josh says softly falling to the floor next to me before pulling me into his arms. "It's okay baby" he assures me rubbing my back "Please don't cry" I grip his shirt and shake my head "Why did this have to happen?" I ask looking up "I ruined my relationship with my parents and I ruined the one you have with yours, maybe this isn't a good idea" I sob standing back up but he pulls me down.

"Are you serious?" he gapes at me "Maya, sweetheart listen" he wipes my tears, looking down at me lovingly "My parents aren't that important to me now. You and this baby are" he says caressing my cheek "Please don't think you've ruined my relationship with my parents because you haven't. They'll come around. I'm not losing you or our little pumpkin" he smiles making my heart swell.

"I love you" he whisper making my eyes widen and my heart to beat out of my chest "Don't act surprised" he chuckles "I've always loved you" he admits making me smile.

"I love you too" I smile reaching up to kiss him. His lips linger on mine before we both pull away "Why don't you take a nap and in a few minutes I'll join you" he suggest "Where are you going?" I ask worriedly "I have to quickly take care of something but I'll be right back" he assures me leaning down for another quick peck.

~🍼~

By the time I wake up Josh is not beside me or in his room. I sigh and sit up admiring his room, it's a typical boys room but since Josh is into photography he has quite a few photos on his dresser and desk. I climb out of his bed and pad over to one that caught my eye, I pick it up and run my fingers across the frame as I bite my lip. It was a picture of when Josh was in the NICU. I had forgotten that Amy almost lost him.

I furrow my eyebrows as a sudden thought comes to mind. I take a deep breath and decide to ignore it. I place the picture back to its place and decide to go look for Josh.

He's not in the bathroom which leaves me with two more options. The kitchen or the living room. I decide to go look in the living room first since I'm already in front of the stairs. I walk down the few steps and notice that Amy is sitting on the couch with a shoe box in front of her. I furrow my eyebrows as I try to look at what's inside, I take another step down and the creak catches Amy's attention.

She turns around and a soft smile pulls at her lip. "Oh you're awake" she notices, I nod as a response, "Where's Josh?" I ask.

"He went with his father to get something I didn't really understand" she explains.

"Okay" I say before turning and walking back up the stairs. "Maya" she quickly says stopping me "Could I speak with you?" She asks hopefully. I take a deep breath and shake my head "I'm sorry Mrs. Matthews but I really don't want a lecture nor do I want to hear why I should get an abortion, because no matter what I won't".

She nods in understanding "I understand, but I wasn't going to do either of those" she admit "Please" she begs. I sigh and walk down the stairs, she pats the seat next to her and I walk over to her taking a seat next to her.

"I'm sorry" she apologises taking me by surprise "What?" I ask, unsure if I heard her right.

"I'm sorry for what I said to you, it was out of line. Even though I was shocked I had no right to react the way I did" she apologises. "It's just Josh is only 19 and the thought of him already being a father scared me. I never put in the thought of what the both of you went through. I was selfish and I hope you can forgive me" she finishes.

"Thank you" I smile "It really means a lot to the both of us" She smiles and nods. "How far are you?" She asks curiously.

"Only three weeks" I reply.

"The first few weeks are the worst" she admits before starting the story of when she found out she was pregnant with her first child.

Josh was right. No matter what happened we'll never give up our baby because our family said so. It was our decision and our parents had to deal with it. Our little pumpkin deserved a chance at life and deserves to be loved.

_________________________________
Heyyy, I have a quick question for you guys. If I made an Instagram account for my wattpad stories would you follow it? I'll be updating you guys when my stories will be updated and more information! If I get more than 5 yes, I'll make one!!

Now if you enjoyed this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Keep living life!

-Mel❤