Chapter 2: Sick Day

11.14.2017

Maya's Pov
I'm not surprised to wake up still sick. I quickly climb out of my bed and rush to my bathroom where I lose my dinner from last night.

"Maya" my eyes widen at the sound of my mom's voice. I turn around and before I can get up she's already leaning against the door frame of my bathroom door. "Are you okay honey?" She asks eyeing me worriedly.

"Um yeah" I say trying to get up but I suddenly feel dizzy so I quickly sit back on the floor.

"You are not going to school like this" she says approaching me "Come on, let's get you back into bed" I force a smile and she helps me up. I quickly brush my teeth and she settles me back into my bed.

"I'm going to tell Shawn your not feeling well and then I'll be right back with some soup and a bucket" I nod and watch my mom walk out of my room.

I chew on my bottom lip as I think about the object I have hidden in my drawer. How on earth am I suppose to tell anyone about it? How am I suppose to tell Josh? I ruined his life and now, now I'm going to end up just like my mother.

"Hey kiddo" my dad says snapping me out of my thoughts "Your mom told me you weren't feeling well" he explains walking towards me and taking a seat on the edge of my bed. "Um yeah, my stomach and I are not on the same page" I explain making him nod "Well your mom's making some soup, I bet you'll feel better soon" He kisses my forehead and leaves whilst my mom enters with a bucket in one hand and a bowl of soup in the other.

~ 🍼~

"Hey" I turn around and see Riley leaning against my doorway. Once my morning sickness passed I decided to be productive and get some stuff done. I texted Riley if she could give me the homework when she finished school so here she is.

"Hi" I smile watching her walk in my room before closing the door behind her.

"How are you feeling?" She asks taking a seat on my bed. I shrug "Better" I reply.

"That's good" she smiles "Josh was starting to get worried" she admits making me bite my lip.

"He told me to tell you that he wanted to pass by today and you should tex-"

"No" I cut her off taking her by surprise.

"No?" She questions furrowing her eyebrows, "Maya did something happen?" She asks sitting up.

"Maya?" She presses after a few minutes of me staying silent.

"Riles I don't really want to talk about it but promise me you'll just tell him that I have the flue and that I don't really want him to catch it" I explain.

"Maya whatever happened between the two of you can be fixed, you can't just hide fr-"

"Riles!" I snap "I don't want to talk about it now" I say taking a deep breath afterwards.

"I'll just take the homework and you can leave" I turn around and face my desk hearing Riley sigh.

"Here" she says softly handing me a few papers. I silently take them not once looking at Riley because if I do I'll break.

"Thanks" I mutter before hearing the door open and close.

I take a deep breath and hear a soft knock "Maya" my mom calls before opening my door, "Honey are you okay?" She asks "Riley didn't seem so happy when she left" she adds.

"I'm fine mom" I assure her, "Okay" she sighs "Well dinner will be ready in a few minutes" she informs me, making me turn around to face her.

"Is it okay if I eat later? I don't really feel like eating now" she nods and leaves my room closing the door.

I turn around and break down, letting all my tears fall. I ruined my life. Once I'll tell my parents they'll hate me just like Josh will for ruining his future, and Riley will be disguted by me.

~🍼~

I wake up disoriented and confused. I sit up and realise that I must've fell asleep whilst doing my homework.

I grab my phone and my eyes widen at the time. 10 pm already. Riley left around 5. I slept for 5 hours.

I sigh and run my fingers over my face before deciding to take a shower.

I put my phone down and get up from my chair, walking to my bathroom. I close the door behind me and look up to my mirror.

My eyes, nose and cheeks are red from crying and my hair looks like a bird nest resting on my head.

I sigh and strip down before turning on the water and climbing in.

I let the water cascade down my face, letting it wash all the worry for a few seconds.

My hands fly to my stomach and I bite my lip thinking. It's weird to think that I was carrying Josh and I's child. We made a human being together and we are going to be parents in 9 months. There's going to be a little baby in my arms and he or she is going to be a combination of Josh and I.

For a second a smile pulls at my lips but as soons as it appears it leaves, as I remember the situation I'm in.

A sixteen year old who got pregnant with a nineteen year old.

I climb out of my shower and quickly do my night routine before grabing my phone and settling into bed. I plug my phone on the charger making the screen come to life and revealing a message from Josh.

Boing 💙: Hey baby, hope you feel better, I miss you so much! Maybe I can pass by tmr.

I quickly wipe the tears that escaped from my eyes. All I want right now is for Josh to hold me in his arms and tell me that everything was going to be alright.

Maya: I miss you too baby.

I shut my phone off but it lights up again with a new message from Josh.

Boing💙: I can't go another day without seeing you. I'll see you tmr?

Maya: I really don't want you to catch whatever I have.

Boing💙: It's worth it if I get to see your face.

Maya: okay then, um I'll head to the Matthews tmr in the afternoon.

Boing💙: Are you sure you want to get out of your house? I can go to urs if you want.

Maya: No no it's fine I need to talk to Riley anyways.

Boing💙: okay, let's hope we can have some alone time😉

Maya: i gotta go. I'll see you tmr.

Boing💙: oh okay sweetheart. Gn sleep tight❤

Maya: Goodnight.

The last thing Josh will want to do when he finds out I'm pregnant is touch me. He'll regret ever being intimate with me.

I place my phone on my nightstand and snuggle under the covers before drifting off to sleep, with one emotion coursing through me. Worry.

_________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Do whatever you want in life

-Mel❤