TWENTY FOUR.

nailah is currently waiting at the airport after a long day of work

nailah is currently waiting at the airport after a long day of work. ben comes back and she couldn't be more excited, it's been so long since ben's been home, properly home. she's only seen him for five days days this past month and a half.

she stands by the exit gate, watching people from his flight walk past until she sees a familiar face in the distance. she smiles at the sight of ben walking towards her.

'i've missed you baby.' says ben before dropping his bags and wrapping his arms around her and pulling her in close. oh how's she's missed having the feeling of him in her arms.

'i've got a surprise for you at home.' says nailah letting go of him and taking hold of one of his bags.

'oh really? i know you've missed me and all baby but you don't have to be so needy.' says ben with a smirk making her roll her eyes.

'not sex you idiot! something even better.'

'better than sex? i highly doubt it.'

'you'll see for yourself when you get home.'

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'what are you doing?' says ben as nailah covers his eyes as they enter their house.

'i don't want you to see!'

'is it a sex swing?' says ben hopefully and nailah slaps him slightly.

'no it's not a sex swing you horny bastard.' she says laughing.

'okay stay there, don't move and keep your eyes shut.' she says before moving away from ben, making sure his eyes are shut before opening the door, letting frankie run towards ben.

'what the- wait is that who i think it is?' says ben quickly opening his eyes and he gasps in shock.

'oh my god, my baby!' he says happily kneeling down as his pet beagle jumps at him, wagging her tail happily.

'how did you get her?'

'i spoke to melissa.'

'and you convinced her to give up frankie?'

'her new boyfriend is allergic to dogs and she knew how much you love her so she just gave her to me.' says nailah with a shrug before ben rushes over to her, putting his arms round her and kissing her cheek non stop.

'i love you i love you i love you i love you.'

'alright alright, i get it you love me.' she says laughing, pushing him away from her carefully.

'honestly, i couldn't thank you enough. you know how much i've missed my special girl. and i like what you've done to our place.' says ben looking around before sitting down on the sofa.

'our place?'

'well yeah it's our place isn't it?'

nailah smiles at the word, "our." it may sound pathetic but it means a lot to her. it represents an important step in their relationship.

'i haven't done a lot, nothing drastic anyway. i just moved some furniture around and painted. i still wanted to make it us you know? how it represents us both.'

'i love it and how is the little one?' he says motioning down to her stomach.

'they are great, i went for a check up the other day and everything is perfect. i need to go again in two weeks and then we should be able to see what the sex of the baby is next month.'

'i'm not sure i want to find out, are you? it's like a surprise.'

'ben this is a baby not a lucky dip lottery ticket.' she says laughing.

'i know, i know but there's still no surprise.' he says with a shrug.

'we still have a while till we figure out whether we want to know or not but what i do have to tell you is that joe and rami are coming over in a few days.' she says and his face lights up.

'they are?'

'yeah! and i was thinking you could invite them all over and have a guys night you know? with gwilym as well, of course. watch an arsenal game order some food in, just having a good time. i need to visit my parents again so i'd be out of your way.'

'yeah that sounds like a good idea.'

'oh but rami and lucy broke up so it'd be a good distraction for him.'

'they broke up? why?'

'because of the distance and constant time zones difference apparently.'

ben just furrows his eyebrows at the sudden news about rami. rami and lucy seemed so good together, he's shocked by the sudden news. but this raises his suspicions about rami having feelings for nailah.

'ben?' says nailah making ben snap out of it.

'huh?'

'you were lost in thought, what were you thinking about?'

'oh nothing much, just random stuff.' he says with a shrug.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'i'm felling you rami this is not a good idea.' says joe walking up and down while rami is sat down on his sofa.

'why not? she's the one who invited us.'

'that's not the point rami. do you thinking staying at your friend and his girlfriend's house who you may have feelings for is a good idea? no! it's not! it's just drama waiting to happen.'

'i'm not going to make a move or anything, what kind of man do you think i am joe?'

'ben is our friend and he loves her more than anything. if you even tried anything with nailah, he would never forgive you.'

'can i just say one thing?'

'which is?'

'if he loves her so much, why does he cheat?'

okay quick note beside that sudden drama BUT
i just wanted to say a thank you to everyone that's read / voted / commented on this shitty fanfic it truly means a lot! i didn't expect it to do well as they were only a handful of ben fanfics when this started out but seeing all of them makes me happy. anyway thank you once again! -poppy