ONE.

'ben

'ben.' says the brunette looking at her boyfriend who wasn't paying any attention to her. they are currently sat in a small café having some lunch.

'ben!' she says grabbing his shoulder and shaking it.

'what?' he says frowning and looking at her.

'you weren't listening to what i was saying!'

'maybe because it wasn't interesting.'

melissa just scoffs, rolling her eyes as she continues to finish her lunch in silence, ignoring her boyfriend.

ben and melissa have been together for nearly 3 years now. they met at an arctic monkeys concert in sheffield and they hit it off straight away. he was so shy and nervous to talk to her as she was way out of his league.

at first, they were that kinda couple that were inseparable, always travelling together, always going to concerts. they spent their evenings listening to soft rock music while making out. she always supported ben when he was filming or going to auditions. when he was overseas for months, he always travelled back to england even if it was just for a couple days, seeing her smile made ben so happy.

but now, their relationship is crumbling apart. they both know it but they don't want to admit it. ben has fallen out of love with melissa and melissa is trying her best to make him fall in love with her again. because they are both so young and so used to seeing each other every day, they don't know how to break up.

'so i didn't tell you, i got the job.' he says trying to break the awkward silence.

'what job?' she says looking at her plate, not bothering to look at him.

'the one i've been waiting for, for bohemian rhapsody. you know the film about freddie mercury? i got the part to play roger taylor.'

'that's great news ben, i'm happy for you.'

ben just signs at her reaction and they continue to eat in silence. once they are done, a waitress comes over and cleans their plates asking them if they want dessert and they politely refuse. melissa walks to his car whilst ben pays for their meal before going heading towards his car.

'do you want to go to the cinema or something?' asks ben.

'i just want to go to home ben.' she says.

'fine by me.' he mumbles before starting the car and driving off.

ben finally pulls up at their house they share together in bournemouth. he just stops the ignition and sits there in silence.

'aren't you going to get out the car?' asks melissa confusingly, sat next to him.

'look melissa, i can't do this anymore.' he says speaking up suddenly.