31

Kai POV

I look through the window of the car. Seeing the streets of LA pass me by. I feel Kristen grab my hand. The squeezes it. We just had our last lunch...ever I guess. I don't know if I'm ever coming back here. I came here for a year. My mom let me visit my cousin in Los Angeles. I had always knows that I wouldn't stay in the Netherlands. But I also thought I would stay in America forever.

After my fight with David...After David told me about...I haven't spoken to him for three weeks now. I've been staying with Todd, Scott and Kristen. He has been calling and texting me. I just didn't answer. I miss him an awful lot. Not answering his phone calls has been fucking difficult.

Obviously nobody knew about us dating when David told me wat happened. So I had to explain when I knocked on the door for a place to stay. Kristen told me she figured it out already. Todd was furious at him and hasn't spoken much with him either these last few weeks. Jason said he didn't like what David did to me but he also got it. Which I though was a stupid thing to say to an sad girl who got cheated on.

Only when I think: "he cheated" I get mad at him because he hurt me so much but other then that I just want him around me. I miss him so much everything hurts and nothing makes sense anymore. I love Kristen and her salads but I miss in N out burgers. They're no In N Out burgers back home. But it is the best thing to do.

"Are you nervous?" Kristen says with a concerned face. I turned my head towards her. I nodded. "Is this really what you want? Can't you just make up with David. You don't have to get back together just...stay" the last part she tried holding back tears. I kiss her cheek and tell her that I can't. "It has been hard enough not to go back to him, you know. I could stay here, for you, for Todd but I would see David every day. That isn't healthy" I say.

She nods. And we arrive at Todd's place to say goodbye to everybody. Of course they threw some kind of party for me. Just like when I got here. David was the one who spoiled the surprise. I remember how happy I was he told me because I hated surprises. We drove around some more. He hadn't spoiled the surprise this time. Hell, I think nobody told him I'm leaving. Or they did and he just didn't care.

"Heey couss" Todd yells as he walks towards me to hug me and twirl me around. I can smell the alcohol on his breath but it's fine. He's not driving me to the airport, thank god. "Thank you, guys" I yell over the parting crowd.

They start calling for a speech and as an socially anxious person that is my favorite thing to do. "Uuh, I don't have much to say. Only that this has been a lovely year and you all mean a lot to me" as I hold my glass in the air everybody starts cheering. I smile with tears in my eyes. I'm going to miss them all.

When It's around 7 in the evening I make my last hugs and goodbyes. Scott, Zane and Jason. Carly, Erin and Corinna. Even Jonah has tears in his eyes. I hold everybody really tight. Keep telling them I may come visit someday knowing that's a lie. Or right now it seems like that.

I get in the Uber that is going to bring me to LAX. Back home. Back to The Netherlands.

David's POV

It has been a lousy three weeks of anger, tears and panic attacks. I'm basically back where I was before she came here. She helped me, loved me. And just threw that all away. She hasn't talked to me this whole time. Sometimes she picked up the phone when I called but before I could say anything she had hung up. Sometimes I though she was playing a mean game with me but then I remembered she would never do that. She was in pain and hearing my voice would make it hurt more.

I'm alone today. Everybody is at Todd's for something. Kai was going to be there so Todd forbid me to come. I'm not mad at him. He cares for her, protects her. Protects her from me. He has any right. Not that I want to hurt her more then I did but I would love to say "sorry" one more time and pretend that it would work. And she would forgive me. I open up my Instagram and watch some story's . I see a car driving away in a lot of my friends snaps. I don't get it until I see a crying Kristen in Scott's video. "I'm gonna miss her so much" she blubbers.