“Number ten,” I mumbled to myself. I pulled my keys out my pocket, picking the familiar silver key I shoved it in the lock and opened the door. I paused for a few seconds before pushing the door open. Everything was just as I had left it; well mostly - it seemed Dylan had smashed a few more items up in his rage. Items lay strewn across the flat, broken glass in piles on the floor, photo frames lay face down on the floor, curtains ripped off their hanger. But the thing that caught my eyes was the small blood droplets and blood splatters near the door on the floor and nearby wall; a pair of scissors lay on the floor beside the blood. Beside the blood and scissors were Zayn’s ripped shirt and sweats.

*Flashback*

“D-Dylan, I l-love you,” I pleaded him.

What was I even saying? I was just fooling myself. I don’t love him. Sure, I used to, but not now. Our love is dead.

“You’re lying! You’re a liar!” He yelled in my face, before stepping back and kicking me in the rib.

I rolled, clutching my side in pain. I didn’t know how much more I could take. I was already covered in scars, bruises and cuts from previous beatings; but this, this was different. I’d never seen him so angry.

“And what are these? These are not your clothes! Are they his?” Dylan snarled.

He walked into the kitchen and returned a second later holding a pair of sharp scissors. He bent down to my level and grabbed the shirt.

“N-No,” I whimpered, trying to wriggle away from him.

He growled and cut the shirt unevenly. He dragged the scissors up the shirt, scraping and cutting my skin in the process, making me wince.

Zayn’s going to kill me. I thought.

Dylan dropped the scissors to the left of me and took the top of the sweat pants in his hands. He violently pulled them off of me and tossed them to the side.

Zayn is seriously going to kill me… that is, if Dylan doesn’t. I thought.

He walked away from me and over to the ash tray. I didn’t understand what was going on.

Is he seriously just going to leave me now? That was it?

Of course, my hopes were dashed as he lit a cigarette and walked back over to me.

“Lia, you’ve been a naughty girl,” He whispered softly, his faces only and inch from mine, “And naughty girls, need to be taught a lesson.”

He had a knee on either side of my body, completely trapping me, I was un-able to move.

“D-Dylan, please don’t do this,” I begged him, realising what was going on.

He smirked and brought the cigarette from his lips, blowing smoke in my face, causing me to cough lightly.