Chapter 18

•——————————•
Death leaves a heart ache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
•—————————•

"Today we gather here to celebrate the life of Leanna Harris. A human with werewolf abilities, we may not have been able to save her life, but she shall now be in peace with the moon goddess. Today she shall have a werewolf burial!" The crowd erupted in cheers for their dead Crescent, "I know we would all much rather have our Crescent here with us alive and well. The moon goddess however had other plans for our beloved Leanna," the crowd quiets down, "now I believe her mate, and our beta will like to say a few things in her honor," I stepped away from Leann's body that was prepared to be burned. As our tradition. Stepping away I allowed Kyle to replace me.

"Let me just now say, this is not my end! I will not fall per Leann's request! I only request that the moon goddess save me, and give me a second chance!" The crowd yet again erupted in cheers. The whole pack is in attending for the ceremony. It's mandatory, not attending will lead to punishments.

"My Mate as you know was, is my everything. Together we ruled," my eyes were dead set on Kyle. Was he trying to take a claim on my pack? My dear friend you have spoken the wrong words, "don't get me wrong, your true alpha will always be Oliver, but as he was gone we ruled," I shook my head, "now in my place Oliver rule as his right! And I, I will take his place traveling the world. To know something besides for this small town."

The whole pack became dead silent. I don't blame them. He was there alpha. I was never here after the death of my mate. Now he shall do the same and disappear, but I needed him. He couldn't just disappear. We would speak of this later.

Kyle lit the torch, I walked up besides him and I did the same to mine, "here we all are to say our final good byes. Our dear Leann may you find happiness and peace with our moon goddess. Or if you wish with your peoples gods," as people threw their roses at Leann's lifeless body we touched the torches to her fair skin, then back away as she was set ablaze.

We stood in silence and watching her burn. We returned her to the earth as a whole. Kyle held in his tears. He is stronger than I will ever be. To be alpha that is bad.

At last the fire subsided. I walked back up and began to scoop her ashes in a vase. She shall lie with the rest of our family in peace in our vault if Kyle chooses. Or he can spread her ashes as he pleases. I handed him the vase. He gladly took it then put one hand on my shoulder, "I am not abandoning you. I just need a break, from everything."

"I do not take it as abandonment. You need time to heal. Take all the time you want. Just know that will always be a place here. That is if you wish it."

He smiled, "Thank you, brother," the whole pack dispersed with Kyle leading them out. I stayed behind.

"Are you ok?" Everly joins me.

"I'm fine."

I hear a clearing of a throat behind me. Turning around I see Vanessa. Her sister no where in sight. Now that I think of it I haven't even smelt her wonderful scent.

"Can I talk to you alpha? In private?" She motioned to my sister. Who rolled her eyes.

"Anything you have to say to him you can say to me."

I smirked at the two bickering. I knew they would not be too fond of each other.

"Very well then, this regards my sister and her absence today."

I look up at her so she did not attend.

"Not attending means punishment. She disgraces your fam-"

I held up my hand silencing my sister, "Her reason for not attending?"

"She's, um, well she's disappeared again. I will find her I promise, but I just ask that you don't be to hard on punishment for her."

I nod my head. Where is my Mate?

"Contact me when you find her, until then, I will be deciding on her punishment," I walk past Vanessa only for her to grab my arm.

"She's my little sister," she batted her long eyelashes at me and I sighed.

"Ok, Vanessa. I'll go easy. When you find her tell her to report to me."

She smiled and nods while my sister scoffs.

"Olly we have things to do, I'm sure Lily is looking for you," Everly made her presence known.

"Very well, let's go," Vanessa let go of my arm and I walked with Everly out of the woods and to the pack house.

"Why do you put up with her?"

I shake my head, "For reasons you will understand sometime soon."

She rolls her eyes, "Not soon enough, ugh these heels are killing me!"

I take this time to roll my eyes, "I don't know why you wore heels flats would suffice."

"For reason you will never understand," she took my words and used them against me, "carry me back, please?" She batted her big round eyes at me and I couldn't say no.

"You better be glad I love you little sister."

She smiled and hopped on my back, "Of course you do who can resist this face."

I rolled my eyes yet again.