Chapter 16

~boys will break your heart. Real men will pick up the pieces.~

I eventually made my way up the stairs. Using my sense of smell I followed the honey and fresh dirt sent. At times like this I'm grateful for werewolf abilities. I come to a big door that would most likely lead me to Oliver.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Should I just barge inside? Would he get mad at me for invading his privacy? I internally groaned and back up away from the door. My back hit the wall opposite of the door and I slid down it.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Why can't I face my fears, why can't I just be normal and want to be with my mate? Who also just so happens to be my sisters boyfriend. I started to hyperventilate and put my head in between my legs attempting to calm down.

Stop over thinking things Zaria. He's your mate and he wants you and only you. Nina pipes in.

I shake my head.

Go away your not wanted. I snapped back at her.

I may not be wanted but apparently I'm needed. For the second time in the past two days she took control. I begged and pleaded with her as she walked up to the door and put her hand on the handle.

Don't do this to me! For some reason she listened and pushed her self to the back of my mind.

Don't open the door. She whispered.

Why not? What's going on?

You get your chance to walk away. I ignored her and twisted the knob slowly cracking open the door. The scene before me made me put my hand over my mouth.

I didn't bother closing the door as I ran down the hall. Tears were beginning to form, it was all a lie. He never wanted me, he was just trying to get close to me to get with my sister. I ran down the hall with my hand still over my mouth. My vision began to blur as tears threatened to fall.

My lungs seemed to be failing me as I chocked on air. The ground rushed towards me as I tumbled down the stairs. There seemed to be nothing to do, but close my eyes tightly as I hit each step. It all seemed to be happening so fast, but as fast as it came it left, and I finally hit the bottom step.

Instead of trying to get up here I lay sobbing. At the bottom of the steps hurt in more than one way. Physically and emotionally.

"Hey, Hey, it's ok," a soft hand touches my cheek. I shook my head and began sobbing even more. How pathetic I must look, but I didn't know what else to do.

I couldn't cope.

The stranger swept me up in their arms and I cried into there chest, and they, they let me. I could feel the movement from person walking back up the stairs. I didn't care where they took me though, as long as I didn't have to go back to him.

I cried harder than before as I thought about what I had just witnessed. The person sat down on a bed with me in their lap softly patting my head and cooing, "shh it ok. I know how you feel."

How could they possibly know how I feel. My heart just got ripped into a thousand pieces by the guy I've know for less than twenty four hours. I shook my head and tried to take deep breathes. I wanted to stop crying. Crying is a sign of weakness and I need to show I'm not weak I-I'm strong.

At last I picked my head up and looked into the strangers eyes. The stranger I know fairly well as everyone did the pack, we called him Beta. I ignored the fact that I just cried in front of our Beta and looked into his memorizing blue eyes. The eyes held so much pain and hurt. Like he to had just gotten his heart ripped out to.

He brings his hand up to my face and wipes away the tears. His hands are warm and soft against my face. At last he looked down and his hypnotizing eyes left mine. I fell back to reality and well fell.

I leaned back a bit to much and fell to the ground. Much to my dismay he didn't catch. He tried though, "shit I'm sorry," he spoke while I laid on the ground out of breathe.

I sat up and sit cross cross apple sauce looking at the ground, "I should be the one apologizing. I probably ruined your shirt."

"Hey," he stood up and bent down in front of me, "don't apologize for crying," he gently touched my cheek, "anyways you brought me out of my slump."

I looked up at him, "and how did I manage to do that?"

He shrugged, "May I ask why you were crying?"

I expected his question, "I guess your best friend is just a real heart breaker," I weakly smiled.

"You don't seem like the type of girl to get caught up with Oliver," he gave me a questioning look.

I ran my finger through my hair, "It's complicated-" I was cut short by the knock on the door. My eyes widened and I popped up and jumped to the other side of the bed.

Beta Kyle gave me and odd glance before opening the door, "Hey man you ok?"

My eye just about popped out of their socket as I heard his voice.

"I'm, um, fine," not wanting to be seen I laid on my stomach and put my hands over my mouth.

"Is there someone else in here with you?"

I heard the door fully open and stated to panic.

"Just me."

"Are you sure? What's that smell?"

I gulped.

"Yes, are our parents here yet?"
Their voices soon fade and the closing of a door is soon followed. I sighed and turned over on my back.

What a day.

Happy New Years ! 🥳🥂
Kyles room in the image above. So I know what Zaria saw wasn't very clear but she saw Oliver and Vanessa @ last chapter scene. Kyle and Zaria officially met though isn't he sweet? I wonder why he was brought out of his slump ;)