Prologue

•———————-•
Eventually, everything connects.
•———————-•

"Mom no fair! Everyone's going to Jenna's party! I want to go, please!" I begged my mother to go to the party as she loaded the grocery's in the car.

"No, Zaria. If I told Vanessa no that's the same answer for you."

I groaned.

"But you know Jenna and her parents, why can't we go?" Vanessa joined us with dad in trail pushing another basket full of groceries.

"Charles can you help me here?" Mother looked over at father.

"Now girls your mom said no so that's the final answer."

My sister and I groaned.

"Why can't we go though?" Vanessa pressed the matter.

"Zaria is too young, she's only thirteen, and still doesn't quite know how to control her wolf side, things might get out of hand."

My sister growled, "No fair! Just because she can't go I can't go!"

"Young lady don't growl at your mother!" Father scolded at my sister and put the remaining bags in the car.

We then piled into the car.

Vanessa sulked in her corner and I sat in mine. It was obviously my fault we couldn't go to Jenna's party. I frowned at the thought.

"Hey girls, we'll all go out to dinner," my dad looked at me in the review mirror, "how does that sound Nessa?" He turned and looked at Vanessa. She turned her head ignoring him.

"Or we could get take out and rent a movie?" My mother turned around asking us.

I was about to respond to her but then there a honking of a horn then a crash. Soon I could feel the whole car rolling, my door was thrown open from the impact.

I screamed as my seatbelt malfunctioned and I was thrown out of the car into on coming traffic. In my blurred vision I saw our car stop rolling and come to a stop on the side of the highway. I blinked once more as honking horns were heard once again and a car collided with my body.

I was still awake as the ambulance got to the scene and I was put on a gurney. Everyone was asking me questions, but I couldn't process what they were asking me. I shook my head trying to process what had happened, and what was happening. It was all happening so fast.

The day of the crash was a tragic day for the pack as they had lost two members. My mom and dad. My sister and I being the only survivors. Dad had gotten thrown out the windshield and was just about flattened by cars oblivious to the situation, as for mom the airbag suffocated her small frame.

I woke up in the hospital days later to the news with Vanessa by my side only sustaining minor cuts and bruises, "so what's going to happen to us?" I asked the fifteen year old.

"We're going to go live with aunt Dorthy."

I shook my head.

"Moms sister?" I asked she nodded her head and I proceeded to cry, "I don't want to go live with her. I want to go home with mom and dad."

Vanessa embraced me in a hug, "I know Zaria, it's going to be ok though. We're going to be ok.

I sobbed into her shirt.

The next day I was discharged from the hospital. Our alpha and Luna arranged a funeral for our parents before our departure to Washington the state.

I cried through the whole thing. I didn't get to say goodbye. Our parents left us thinking that we hated them that couldn't be far from the truth. Vanessa stayed by my side through the whole thing.

When it was over we got to go home to pack our things we wanted to take with us escorted by the Luna herself. I had looked up to her she was always so sweet and kind, and now she continues to be kind. She helped me pack my room. Vanessa rejected her offer to help running up stairs to our parents bedroom.

Everything was happening so fast. Our parents are dead and we are going to go live with a complete stranger.

We got to sleep in our beds one last time, in the morning we woke up bright and early and loaded the moving truck with our things.

Everything was moving too fast for me to process, so I didn't process it. I just kind of kept moving.

Let's get this thing started! Whahoooooo ! Book four in the making!!!

Published on: 10/23/18