Pt.12 Magic of the Wolf

Start from the beginning

Lana said she was given a mission to take me down, but...she was just doing it to avenge her brother...

Lana was one of the most by the books person I ever knew, and for her to put everything on the line just to kill me made my stomach turn at the thought of the pain I put her through when all these years...but I then her words echo in my mind...

Out of all the people in the world...Why did it have to be you?

"I know what you're thinking,"'Ozpin says gaining my attention, "I know you wish to help her, or even take the blame for her doing all this, but it won't help, especially now as she's currently on her way to Atlas now...sorry..."

"yeah...of course you are..."I say bawling my fists up at the thought that I can't do anything for her.

"I know this isn't the best way to bring this up, but I wish to bring up one more thing to you."

I sigh reluctantly,

"What now?"

"I wish to bring up what happened in the forest," he says seriously, "specifically about your Silver Eyes."

"My eyes?" I say confused," one of my friends is off to no doubt get jail time, or even worse, and the other is passed out and you wanna know about my eyes?"

"I do. Tell me, do you remember what I asked you when we first met?"

I think for a second until realizing,

"Yeah, you asked me about eyes even then, why?"

"You saw why," he says as he walks to his desk again putting his scroll on it as a screen pulls up a video of Ruby jumping between us as a silver light goes off until we show up again as Ruby passed out in my arms as my wounds close from the silver energy around as my eyes glow as well, "you seem to have unlocked a powerful magic."

"Magic," as I say this I look at him and begin to chuckle after awhile, "okay, now I know you're messing with me, magic isn't real. It's a thing parents tell their children at storytime to make it for fun."

"After being apart of that, are you able to truly explain what happened?"

My chuckling begins to die down as I think about it more, looking more at the video as Ozpin speaks,

"Silver-Eyed Warriors, That's what they were deemed. They are a lineage of people whose origins, stories, and exploits predate even before the establishment of both Huntsmen and Kingdoms. Not much is really known about them, but according to legend, those born with silver eyes are said to be destined to lead the life of a warrior. Of course silver eyes themselves are a very rare trait in the modern world, so of course you would imagine my surprise to meet not only one, but two in one night."

I then look to Ruby, I admit I was surprised myself to see someone with the same color eyes as mine when we first met, but I still had questions,

"Okay, so...we're these Silver-Eyed Warriors, right? That still doesn't really explain...that," I say pointing at the video that's playing on repeat," or how it's "magic"?"

"Tell me, what did it feel like when that energy was around you?"

I think back,

"It...was cool and felt like I was going through water, like it wasn't my energy being used, but it was still apart of me..."

"Fascinating," Ozpin says with interest in his voice, but it makes me feel differently as he continues," according to old theories, what makes aura and magic different is that while aura is an extension of one's soul, magic is more as an extension of the gods."