Just Another Day as... A VILLAGE CAT

@ SPIRALTIMES

From 'NOTES FROM SUPER WORLDS' : Entry by Dan Harvester

'I lived with a cat in the Source, where I owned an apartment and spent hours watching him. Occasionally I wondered what it would be like to be him, watching back at me...

But I'll never look at him the same way after my hours in Fountellion. My perspective is... changed. Because I feel I have been a cat, for hours. On the island.

My energy level ruled my movements and priorities, as I've stalked and played with mice and birds, jumped onto precarious outcroppings and heard the environment around me like nothing before. In fact, listening was a major power for surviving – for lasting as long as I did – through the long grass. I struggled to master a big mission in the life of a cat – that of territory – and in the process I reckon I've come close to total mastery of this creature as a whole. 

Also, they can evade Stokermen for some of the longest periods.

It's still my animal of choice, right up there next to the eagle, squirrel and Odonata. And there's almost nothing like running with the wolves. But they're all unique, with their own potential for garnering many hours of fun, focus and superior, resonant super-memories.

Cats are not like wolves, which have evolved a more direct co-operation, and gave us dogs we could work with, going way back. Domestic cats have survived by being cute, tolerant and playful, and for their power for killing rodents and other pests on farms more recently. We created them, and have influenced their wilder ways.

Fortunately, away from the village, there are loads of mice or small animals in the fabric for a cat to find enough energy, although squirrels are a huge challenge! Returning to the village is certainly a relief, where it's relatively easy to 'seduce' a villager. 

However, within its confines there are very different challenges to face, from stalking around the pathways and sneaking inside homes, surviving fights, to escaping dogs and winning the best territories. I've managed to garner one extra life from winning – or just escaping – a few scrapes here.

I might soon give the Lynx a go, because transferring what I've learnt from living 'in the skin' of its domestic relative will be a huge boost.

My Fountellion XP is rising, and soon I'll be thinking about finding another Insight.

I'm trying to 'focus' on mastering a creature for differences in size and for each habitat on the island. And I think that tactic has worked well escaping Stokermen, despite the hours it took, sunk into gameplay. 

But I've seen other players focus only on one, versatile animal, and with their skill they're formidable allies. I owe some of them a life...'

[Experience 'Dan the Cat's Pioneering Avalog Adventures' – on this channel!]