The Coronation, Part 5

Alex's POV:

She looks down to my heart in her hand and get a better grip on it, I can see everyone take a sharp intake of breath. But she doesn't squeeze. She looks up to me, she then looks past me to look into the eyes of the people behind me. She looks back to me, I know that my eyes show fear.

She looks back to the heart, "Alex." She whispers, I look to her. "I'm sorry. But this is going to hurt..." I take a gasp pf air, as does everyone else. She then, in one quick movement shoves the heart into my chest. 

[A/N: Watch from 2:44-2:50]

"Meg. Why did you do that?" I ask, I really thought the evil had taken over.

"Because I couldn't hurt you." She says, her eyes are still red, meaning she's still under the spell, but she suddenly begins to sway (as if falling unconscious) and she falls down. I catch her in my arms and I hear everyone gasp around us when we notice her breathing is slowing down.

Mal, Ben, Jay, Carlos, Evie, Belle, Adam and Fairy Godmother run up to us, all looking down at Megan. "Fairy Godmother, can you do something?" I ask, she approaches. She checks Megan's pulse and looks depressed.

"What spell did your mother use?" she asks.

"I don't know. She said something about fear and then she pointed the wand at Meg and green magic came out and surrounded her. When the green dissolved we saw that her eyes had changed colour." Carlos says, Mal too upset to say anything. "What's happening to her?" Carlos adds.

"I believe that the spell Maleficent used may have had a fall safe, meaning that when it breaks she would die." Fairy Godmother replies. Everyone looks to Meg, many of the audience with tears in their eyes. "You said it was with my wand, correct?" We all nod in response. Fairy Godmother kneels next to Meg and gestures me to back away, I do and I stand next to Mal and Ben.

Fairy Godmother whispers her famous "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo" and points her wand at Meg, I watch as she is surrounded by gold magic. Everyone watches as her body emits green magic, which is battling with the golden magic. We watch as the spells battle, but everyone become depressed when the green magic wins.

Whispering fills the hall- the voice of Maleficent says "The fear will bubble up inside you, take over your mind. If you successfully break this curse, you will be placed under a sleep-like-death. A sleep from which you will never awaken."

"Wait isn't that the same curse as my mom?" I ask.

"Sort of, there was a difference. Maleficent didn't know that Merryweather still had her gift left to give. So she did, and that changed the curse so that your mother could be awoken by true love's kiss. But here that hasn't happened meaning..." Fairy Godmother trails off.

"She can't be woken." Belle finishes. Fairy Godmother nods.

"Right, I'm going to attempt something, but I don't want you to get your hopes up. Okay?" Fairy Godmother says, we all nod. She points her wand at Meg and begins to speak. "sweet child, if through this wicked witches spell, a sleep-like-death shall cover you like a carousel. A ray of hope their still may be in this, a gift I give to thee. Not in death but just in sleep the fateful prophecy you will keep. And from this slumber you shall wake when true loves kiss the spell shall break." and a glow surrounds Meg. Everyone turns to me, "Alex, did you want to try?" I nod.

I get on my knees next to her and lean forwards to kiss her lips, as we kiss I feel a surge of magic emit from our kiss. I pull away and look to her, she suddenly gasps for air.

[A/N: Watch this video, from 1:55-2:09]

I look into her eyes and see that they have returned to normal. "You saved me." She says to me.

"Did you ever doubt I would?" I reply with a smirk.

"The death-like-sleep did make me doubt." She replies with a smirk. We pull together and kiss. As we stand up Meg is attacked by a hug from Mal. They stand there for a moment and pull apart, no words needed. Meg then turns to Ben.

"Ben, I'm so sorry." She says.

"Hey, don't worry about it." he replies. Meg curtsies to Ben and he bows in return. Meg then looks down at her outfit.

"What am I wearing?" She asks us. The VKs laugh. "What?" Meg asks.

"When you were evil, you looked down on your purple dress and said the exact same thing." Evie replies laughing.

"Oh." Meg says with a laugh, she used her magic to return to the purple dress. Everyone splits off for a moment, Mal and Meg going to apologise to Jane. Evie, Ben, Carlos and Jay talking in the middle. I go off to see my family, when Audrey turns to Mal and Meg she curtsies. They return the curtsy, Mal walks off leaving Meg with my family and I.

"Sir, Madam. I'm sorry for almost killing your son." Meg says to mom and dad. They laugh at her.

"It's okay. We all know you weren't in your right mind." dad replies.

"We would love you have you over for dinner some time, perhaps we could start over?" Aurora asks.

"I would love that." Meg replies. I walk to Meg and we walk towards our friends.

"Let's get this party started!" Jay says, we all go out to the party.