The Date

Megan's POV:

I am currently sitting on Mal's bed, and Evie is doing my hair and makeup. I am so nervous, I can feel my hands sweating. I am completely in my own world wondering how the date is going to go. 'What if I fall over? What if I make a fool of myself? What if he hates me by the end of it? What if I completely mess up? What if I accidentally insult him, or Audrey? What if...

"Megan?" I am brought out my trance by Mal's voice. I look to her, careful not to move too much because Evie is pulling my hair into a bun. "You okay?"

"No." My voice sounds broken, I hate how vulnerable I sound right now. "What if I mess up? The last boyfriend I had cheated on me, and then told me no one would ever want me. What if he was right?"

Mal grabs my hands. "Look, first off. You won't mess up, just be yourself and then he will see what an amazing girl you are. Also, don't take any notice of what Harry said, he was a cheater and he was the one who doesn't deserve love. You do. You are an amazing girl, and you deserve to be happy."

"Thanks, Mal. You're the best sister I could ever ask for. You too, Evie." I say, giving one hand to Mal and the other to Evie, who had just finished my hair.

"Do you want to come and see yourself?" Mal asks. I nod and walk to the mirror, as I step in front I am completely shocked by what I see. I am beautiful, not being self-centred, but I look so different. "Say it." Mal says with a smirk.

"I look, not hideous."

"Not even close." Evie says, hugging my shoulder, with Mal hugging the other.

There is a knock on the door, but it is too early for it to be Alex. "It's probably Jay and Carlos." Evie says, "Oh, hide behind the screen, I want them to be blown away." I nod and hide behind the screen.

"Hey Mal, Evie." Carlos says, "She ready? We wanted to come and see what she looked like as a girl."

"Hey, I'll have you know that I have always been a girl." I say from behind the screen.

"Well your outfits, and the fact that you play tourney say different." Jay says with a chuckle.

"Whatever." I take a deep breath. "You ready?"

"Yes." Jay and Carlos say at the same time. I walk out from behind the screen and their faces change completely. They are both staring at me.

"Do I look okay?" I ask, insecure at the stares I am receiving.

"Meg..." Jay begins.

"You look beautiful." Carlos finishes. I blush, even though he was like a brother it made me happy to get a complement.

"Thanks."

"Right, what time is he getting here?" Evie asks.

"Two minutes." I reply, the nervousness clear on my voice. Mal walks up to me and grabs my hand.

"Hey. Don't worry, you'll be fine." I nod and hug her, it then became a group hug, but everyone is being careful not to ruin my makeup or hair.

There is then a knock on the door. I look up scared, I go to get the door but I am stopped by Jay. "Before he sees you I need to give him the brother talk." I attempt to stop him but he is already walking to the door. He opens the door, but I can't see Alex and he can't see me either. "Right, I am going to say this now. Meg is like a sister to me, if you hurt her in anyway you will have me to deal with. Also you should no that she hasn't had much experience with dating, and the last guy was a dick. So you better treat her right because she deserves the world."

"I understand, Jay. I completely understand. I will do right by her and will treat her like the princess she is. Also, I know that if I cheat on her like her last boyfriend I will be thrown off a cliff. But I will say this to you now, I won't hurt her."