Chapter 7

Sam returned home later than usual because his lessons had ran overtime. When he arrived home, he expected to smell food, maybe hear music, but it was silent. He hung his coat and placed his shoes by the door before searching the house. The house seemed unnaturally quiet. The kitchen was empty: the clean dishes had dried over the course of the day. Sam turned to the living room and noticed the TV was on.

'Would you like to continue watching Netflix?' Was shown on the TV.

Sam entered the room to see Dean and Cas cuddling on the couch. Cas had his head on Dean's chest, and Dean had his arm wrapped around Cas. It was a beautiful sight. Sam took a quick picture before placing a blanket over them. Sam decided to settle on cereal for dinner so he wouldn't wake them up. Turning the TV off as he left the living room, he ate his dinner in his room while doing homework.

<3

Castiel woke up to the sun in his eyes. He was in the living room with a blanket over him. But that wasn't all. He had someone's arms wrapped around him. Who was he cuddling? Carefully, he sat up looked at the person he was lying on. Dean was sleeping peacefully next to him. They had fallen asleep together. Castiel felt his cheeks redden as he thought about sleeping next to Dean.

Slowly, he got off the couch and placed the blanket over Dean, watching him for a couple seconds, before going to his room. He saw the clock on his night stand and read 5:58am. His alarm would be going off in 2 minutes. Did I really sleep that long?, he thought. He remembered spending the day with Dean, but he doesn't remember falling asleep.

He looked at his desk and realised he hadn't written in his journal last night, so he sat down and began to write.

<3

Dean woke up alone on the couch. He looked around to see if anyone else was awake. Checking his watch, he saw it was 6am. "Time to get up", he told himself. He got off the couch and began to cook breakfast. It wasn't long until Sam joined him in the kitchen, greeting each other with the usual "Good morning". Sam sat at the table while his brother cooked.

As Dean was serving breakfast, Castiel joined them. Dean seemed happy about Castiel sitting with them, although he tried to hide it. The three of them ate breakfast while making small talk. Once Castiel had finished, he left to get ready for his lessons; leaving Sam and Dean alone. Sam turned to his brother to see Dean smiling while watching Castiel leave.

Yep, he thought, he definitely likes him.

"How did you sleep last night?" Sam asked with a smirk.

Dean shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat. "I slept ok, I guess", he replied. "I think I may have drank a lot last night because I don't remember much. I'm just surprised that I don't have a hangover". Sam couldn't stop a smile forming on his lips.

"I'm sure you did", Sam said, playfully.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Dean asked.

"Nothing", Sam smiled and began to get ready for school.

Dean began to clean the kitchen when Castiel appeared. He was dressed for school, but he seemed hesitant. "Will you be alright today? Or do you want me to call in sick again?" Castiel asked, nervous. Dean stood still, thinking about it. Another day with Cas would be fun, he thought.

Dean smiled at him, but said, "Nah. You should really go to school if you want a future. Don't ruin your life because of me". Although Dean would love to spend another day with Cas, he couldn't bring himself to deprive him of his education. Dean may be annoying, but he ain't a dick. Castiel gave a small smile before leaving for college.