Chapter 1

Sam was lying in bed after spending the night out with Castiel, his room mate. It was past midnight and his bedroom was pitch black. However, he woke up to the sound of something falling. His eyes shot open and he was wide awake. Quietly, he left his room and walked towards the living room. As he stood in the hall way, he saw a dark figure move towards the kitchen.

Cautiously, he followed the unknown figure before attacking the intruder. Surprisingly, the intruder was fighting back and was actually really good at fighting. They were fighting in the kitchen, but Sam was pushed into the living room where the fight continued. After a while, Sam was knocked down to the floor and the intruder loomed over him.

"Easy, Tiger", a deep and rough voice said.

"Dean?!" Sam exclaimed.

"Hiya, Sammy", he replied with a smile.

"You scared the crap out of me!"

"That's because you're out of practice". Dean stood up; pulling Sam to his feet and fixing his shirt.

"What are you doing here Dean?" Sam said, slightly annoyed as his adrenaline washed away and he fought against sleep.

"I was looking for a beer," Dean joked.

Before Sam could say anything, the lights turned on. "Sam?" A deep voice asked. The Winchester brothers turn to the voice to see a dark haired man with piercing blue eyes staring at them. He had clearly been woken up by the noise from the living room.

"Cas," Sam said. "Sorry for waking you". He paused for a second. "Um... Cas, this is Dean, my brother. Dean, this is Castiel, my room mate," He introduced them. Dean gave Castiel one of his blinding smiles with a flirtatious wink. Castiel awkwardly stood by the door frame, flustered by the sudden affection.

"Um... I'll let you two catch up," Castiel said. "I'm going to go back bed". He nodded at the brothers before walking back to his room.

"He's hot," Dean admitted with a sly smirk.

"Dude!" Sam exclaimed. "You have a boyfriend!"

Dean's face instantly fell and he glanced down at his feet. "Yeah... erm, not any more". Sam frowned at his older brother, but didn't say anything. "I messed things up. Just like I do with everything else I care about! Everything I touch, everything I care about always gets screwed up. I can never be happy! It's like I'm cursed!"

Sam sighed. "Dean, you're not cursed, you just haven't found the right one yet".

But Dean shook his head. "No, I'm serious. I try so hard to be happy, to have something good in my life, but then I somehow mess it up! You are the only good thing in my life that I haven't completely screwed up. But I sometimes feel like I'm close to failing you too". He released a heavy sigh before saying, "I just had to get away from it all. I was kinda hoping I could crash here for a while...?"

Sam placed his hand on Dean's shoulder and smiled at him. "You can stay for as long as you want". Dean looked up at his brother in shock, a small smile edging at his lips. "But you're sleeping on the couch".

"I don't care where I'm sleeping," he replied before walking to the couch. He looked at Sam and smiled. "Thanks, Sammy". He lay on the couch and closed his eyes. He listened to his brother leave the room and turn the light off, before falling asleep with a smile plastered on his handsome face.