Chapter twenty three- A little play hurts no one

Start from the beginning

I couldn't ask her to take a seat, we both know she'll deny my request so I enjoyed my view from here.

  My eyes trailed from her slightly exposed thigh, to the curve of her hips. I'd say she's almost thick in that area.

That little thought brought a twitch below.

  My eyes kept on roaming till I had gotten to the swell of her breasts.

   They were round and perky and that made me wonder if she's among those that use the padded underwears.

She's far too innocent for that.

  I smirked at my reasoning and looked back to her face. She didn't even notice my five minutes of experiments on her.

   Her eyes still fixated on the note and her plump lips moving in a sequence that was a little too cute for just speech.

  She had nothing except pink gloss coating her lips. No make up on. But she still looked appealing to anyone who had eyes for good looks.

  My eyes still settle on her face. Her brows creased together with every attention it can muster. And I look to her forehead.

  That scar on her hairline.

  It's been itching me to ask about it but I'm very sure I'm the cause. Plus it will be another 'none of my business' questions.

  Her brown hair tied into a neat bun which I suggest is the handwork of Claudette. The reasons she dyed her hair brown is unknown to me but it's not my business anyway.

  At least she's confident in herself and not trying to hide the scar.

  When my attention was back to my room, I called out to her.

" Iris?". She was talking way too much and saying too many things I really don't want to comprehend at the moment.

  Shutting her up won't do much, but throwing her off guard will.

" Jules. And Mr McConnell I'm not done yet. Alicson Shipping port is sending a business deal, but I really don't trust the genuineness of their claim. I've gone through it. Seller and Getta online sight is sending a-"

" You look nice " I cut her shut with the compliment.

  I've noticed she doesn't go well with compliments no matter how many times it's said. This was a true story testimony from Mr Reid's gala. Each time someone complimented her, she blushed.

" E-excuse me?" She finally stopped with the details.

" I said you look nice" I repeated, throwing myself forward and clasped my palms together on my desk.

" Mr McConnell this is no time for jokes. You have a very busy-" She was trying to act hard but her facade is failing with that pink tinge on her cheeks. So i had to interrupt her again.

" I only said you looked nice. Everywhere." I smirked when the pink on her face turns red and is crawling down her neck.

  " Okay. So back to business " She clears her throat and tries to locate where she was interrupted with the ballpoint pen between her fingers.

  " Okay. Mr Jermaine is asking for a loan for a new hotel sight in Kansas City and Tenecë transport are also seeking collateral. A certain Mr Davey called to see you this afternoon, should I allow it?" Her gaze lifts from the book to me, but my gaze has been trained on her ever since.

  She blushed harder when she notices I wasn't going to reply her question without soaking her with my eyes.

  She clears her throat again. " Uhm.. Mr McConnell?"

" You never acknowledged my compliment" I said and stood from my sitting position making her take two steps back.

  Her eyes wide and prepared to take any sudden action such that when I walked in front of my desk, leaned against it a few feet from her and stretched out my arm. She jumped by at least a mile.

  I chuckled at her antsy and uncomfortable mood before saying my request.

" You may hand the notepad to me now. I'll check off everything I've looked into and give you a feedback "

  Still jumpy, she stretches the book to me from a distance. Like my air contained rash poison.

  And I had a cunny plan in mind.

As soon as the book hit my palm before she could retreat, I gripped her wrist with my free hand. Not so tight, but at least enough to hold her.

  She yelped at contact and tried tugging away.

  It only made me laugh some more.

" I like shy Iris better. She talks less" I whispered but it's loud enough for her to hear.

  After having my fill of tease and fun, I let go of her hand. She whipped around in a swift motion and soonest was out of my door.

  I couldn't help but bark a long loud laughter as soon as the door was shut.

I should really do this more often.

A little play hurts no one.