I had a beanie on before, so I quickly go to the bathroom and fix up my hair with some gel. It doesn't take long and before I know it, I'm ready for our date. As soon as I walk out of the room, I see Ashton.

My heart stops a little.

There's no bandana in his hair, which seems to be all he's been wearing recently. Unlike my shirt that's buttoned up to the top, his has three buttons open, revealing some of his chest underneath the navy blue fabric. His sleeves are rolled up one third of the way, and is that a Look or what.

He's gone for boots as well and has put on some black jeans.

"You look..." I say, looking him up and down, noticing how curly his hair looks. It's adorable.

"Scrumptious?" He says with a wink. I can hear the groans coming from the kitchen where Calum and Michael are.

"You're such a dweeb, shut up and kiss me," I tell him. He happily obliges and walks over to me. We link hands, both of us slowly going in for a kiss.

"Get a room!" Michael yells.

"Shut up Mike, leave them be," I hear along with a punch, probably delivered to Michael's arm.

Ashton giggles, but I still go in for the kiss. He's giggling into the kiss but gives in and kisses back a few seconds later. When we pull away, he looks lovestruck, as I assume I look as well.

"That was the cutest kiss ever. You legit giggled into my mouth," I confess.

"You consider that cute?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, you were breathing into my mouth while you giggled so that felt weird but besides that, yeah, it was cute. Sue me!"

"You're cute," he says, giggling again.

"Okay, let's go," I say, pulling his hand with mine. I'm still not the best with compliments, and usually try to ignore them.

I can't drive yet, so he's going to drive, but I'll be navigating. We both climb into the car. As he turns on the car, Ghost by Ella Henderson starts to play. It's the end of the song though, and the radio introduces Hozier's Take Me To Church.

"Okay, take a left at the first stop sign."

~

After a little driving, we end up at Grand Park, a huge park filled with performances and people-watchers.

"You wanted to come here?" he asks me, "but it's so public."

I grab his hand briefly and say, "I know."

I let go of his hand to open up the door, and I hear him say, "There's a look in your eyes that I haven't seen in a while. It's making me happy."

As we both close our doors, I tell him that's not the first time I've heard that today. He smiles as I walk over to him, grabbing his hand lightly. He jerks away quickly and looks around him to see if anyone saw us. I try to grab his hand again, but he holds it up to him like he's been burned. I frown.

"What are you, I mean... are you sure?" he asks me confused.

"Ash, I've never been more sure of something in my life," I tell him with a small smile, grabbing his hand again. This time, he grabs back, a huge smile on his face.

"I love you so much, Luke."

I smile back to him, feeling my cheeks become red. "I love you just as much, Ash."

We start walking around the park, a few eyes on us. Maybe they recognise us or maybe they're just looking at two guys holding hands. Probably the latter. Either way, I barely pay attention to them, my eyes are trained on either Ashton or where I'm walking.