FIRST LOOK: FOUNTELLION

It's difficult to write this 'game review', firstly because despite Fountellion's emergence from its rich game 'heritage' – the previous life and death of so many games – it feels like so much more. The attention placed upon the environment; its life forms, the interface and the fluidity of its more intuitive experience – pushes it into the realms of an alternative dimension, almost; a new dimension in which new experiences and games can thrive anew... Or else just stop altogether – at this one.

That makes it a difficult thing to talk about and describe. For starters, how do you describe swimming to people who have never submerged into water?

The best thing is to mention and praise the elements of Fountellion that exist on top of this immediate, breathtaking, experiential gameplay: the nature, the detail, the freedom the world gives to its players to just... be... And yet to exist, stripped of all the unnecessary game elements that make a game 'familiar' as a game. Those overly intricate statistics, trophies, HUD features, health dials and meters: You don't look for them here. For this here is a game of Life. Moments. Where Life doesn't give out trophies, it just lets you survive – better – and for a bit longer...

'First Look'? No, I'm not going to bother. I've got too much to see and 'be' on the island. An island you should go look into yourself... as soon as you can.... Who knows? You might emerge from it all again, a little older; a little wiser... More ready to appreciate – more – what lies outside, and also within, via this fantastic bridge between two, ultimate dimensions.

Great work, Prof. Fielding and team. And... thanks...:)

@CooperTales @CyberEmporium #choosewisely #fountellion-pioneers #greengame #greengardens